TASAF Jobs in Tanzania : Public Works Program Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TASAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The United Republic of Tanzania is implementing the Productive Social Safety Net Program (PSSN) in the Third Phase of the Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF III). The Program is jointly financed by the World Bank, the Department for International Development (DFID), the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and other development partners. It is a 10-year Program, implemented in two phases of five years, each. The Government is implementing this nationwide safety net Program with a view to reducing poverty and improving the lives of the poor. The objective of TASAF III is “to enable poor households to increase incomes and opportunities while improving consumption”. TASAF III targets people living under the basic needs poverty line (currently 33.6% of the population).
The Program consists of the following parts: Part 1 on Consolidation of Integrated Social Safety Net Interventions for extremely poor and Food Insecure Households and Part 2: on Institutional Strengthening. The development objective is to create a comprehensive, efficient well targeted Productive Social Safety Net Systems for the poor and vulnerable Section of the Tanzania population.
TASAF is now looking for competent and committed candidates who meet the minimum qualification stated below to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions.
PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAM MANAGER (One Post)
To assist the Director of Community Support to manage the public works functions of the Project as specified in the Financing Agreement and Operational Manual.
Principles Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake public works duties within the prescribed policies and procedures of TASAF. in particular coordinating interventions of the Public Works Program Department.
- Be responsible for managing data base for public works interventions that captures; number of beneficiaries by sex. wages paid, funded, completed and certified subprojects.
- Coordinate preparation of multi year plans by PAAs to guarantee predictability of transfers for the targeted beneficiaries.
- Identify technical support requirements for implementation of PW interventions and ensure availability of required training materials and support.
- Ensure compliance to PW implementation benchmarks by PAAs.
- Prepare and update a guide for the PAAs on the number of PWP interventions needed to absorb the annual number of PW working days based on the number of beneficiaries in the village.
- Participate in the preparation of IEC materials for public works program.
- Coordinate verification of PW subprojects applications reviewed by PAA Technical Assistants ready for submission to SET on sample basis.
- Compilation and review of subproject batches prior to submission to NSC for endorsement.
- Prepare and compile department annual implementation plan and budgets.
- Consolidate implementation progress reports in the department.
- Conduct performance appraisals of public works department using agreed upon performance indicators.
- Be a member of the TASAF management team.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director of Community Support.
- A Masters Degree in Civil Engineering. Agricultural Engineering. Land Use Planning. Forestry or any other related field from a recognized university.
- At least ten (10) years experience in relevant field in Public and / or Private Sectors and at least five years (5) managerial experience.
- A recognized professional qualification where applicable
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of and experience with donor funded project.
- Experience with community based development initiative and social fund related operations are an added advantage.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to supervise, train and coach staff in relevant skills.
- Self motivated with integrity and high level of confidentiality
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Existence of updated and operational public works data base.
- Public works applications are processed within agreed benchmark
- Existence of an updated multi year plans for public works.
- Number of PW applications funded and completed.
- Existence of timely prepared quarterly and annual implementation progress reports.
Duration of Contract: Terms of Contract is 2 years
Duty Station: TASAF Head Office – Dodoma
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet these minimum qualifications and experience should submit an application letter. The application letter should be accompanied with detailed CV. certified certificates, names and contact information of three professional referees with their postal addresses, telephone numbers and email (if available) no later than 29th March. 2019 16:00hrs and addressed to;
Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF)
PSPF Building – Third floor Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete Road P. O. Box 2719 Dodoma TANZANIA.
Please indicate on the envelope the post applied for.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
TASAF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY IN PEOPLE