Tanzanian Children’s Fund Jobs in Tanzania : Education Director
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanzanian Children’s Fund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kiratu Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
We are looking for an education expert with experience in school leadership and teaching to help lead the primary school we co-manage so it can become and remain a model institution.
As our Primary School Education Director, you will be a member of our senior staff and act as the organization’s main contact for the primary school that we co-manage with the District Government, Gyetighi Primary School (GPS). You will take the lead in managing our contract, with the goal of making GPS one of the top schools in the region, and ultimately top performing schools in Tanzania. In this pursuit, you will fight to raise the standards of education, ensure that all students in our community have the opportunity for a first-rate primary education, and improve the school environment in order to attract the best teachers.
The Primary School Education Director will work cohesively with the Tanzanian school leadership and teachers to establish a rapport with the faculty and identify the greatest needs of the school. Understanding that GPS is an impoverished, rural, government school, working in partnership with the Head Teacher, the Primary School Education Director will coordinate, facilitate, and/or create teacher trainings, curriculum supplementation, and administrative schedules to help address these issues and concerns.
The specifics of this job include but are not limited to:
- Act as point of contact with GPS
- Attend senior staff meetings at Rift Valley Children’s Village (RVCV) as schedule allows
- Oversee the daily management of GPS
- Work daily at GPS and report to both the Head Teacher and Director of RVCV
- Establish a rapport with all the faculty at GPS to identify the challenges facing the school
- Serve as a mentor to the faculty by modeling instruction and using a classroom observation system to provide constructive feedback about teacher instruction, classroom management, assessment, etc.
- Coordinate teacher trainings to address the needs of the students and faculty
- Identify areas of the curriculum that can be supplemented for the betterment of the students
- Evaluate current instruction methods and work in concert with the Head Teacher to introduce strategies that include teaching to multiple learning styles, incorporating creativity into daily lesson plans, encouraging independent thought from the students, etc.
- Ensure the efficient use of limited resources, i.e., textbooks, etc., as well as identifying resources that can be purchased to improve overall quality of education
- Act as supervisor of Student Teachers in all work related to GPS
- Along with the Head Teacher:
- Monitor staff work performance and handle staff management issues
- Evaluate applications and conduct interviews to hire new teachers
- Evaluate and develop school systems and procedures related to student and course schedules, teaching assignments, discipline, assessments, etc.
- Plan and implement teacher appreciation events, end-of-semester closing ceremonies, graduation, Parent’s Day, etc.
- Conduct interviews and selection process for annual selection of Student Teachers.
- Oversee Children’s Village’s programs at the schools including but not limited to:
- Student Teacher Program
- RVCV sponsored teacher performance
- RVCV Volunteer teachers
- RVCV Sponsored Athletic Program
- RVCV Sponsored Extracurricular Clubs and Activities
- Monthly Teacher bonuses
- Work in partnership with RVCV’s Volunteer Coordinator to coordinate use of volunteers in teaching and club assistance roles as needed
- Review semester and yearlong school performance of the RVCV children who attend GPS and identify areas of needed growth and foci for tutoring during evenings and school vacations
- Oversee requests for purchases of teaching materials to be used at GPS and RVCV, including the school store
- As needed, facilitate meetings with the Head of School and leadership of RVCV
- Commitment to service
- School leadership or curriculum development experience
- Minimum of two years teaching experience
- Valid teacher’s or administrator’s license/certificate
- Ability to engage children, faculty, and volunteers
- Ability to live in a rural, remote area
- Strong team-building skills and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with ESOL/TOEFL or teaching in a bi-lingual setting helpful
- Native English speaking ability
- Knowledge of Swahili helpful
- Overseas working/volunteering experience helpful
- 2 year commitment
- $1,000 monthly stipend
- $2,000 airfare allowance/year
- Room and Board including private apartment, all meals, internet, local phone, and housekeeping support; transport to town as needed.
- Health insurance for term of service
- Required visas and permits for employment
- One month (28 days) annual leave per year of commitment
Start date is on or before April 1, 2019