Tanzania Mentors Association Job Vacancy : Project Development Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanzania Mentors Association
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TMA is one of the leading non-governmental organization in research, mentorship, and consultancy in Tanzania. It was established to strengthen the national and international economic inclusive development, governance, programmatic and fiscal accountability through the use of broad spectrum of resource database of Mentors and researchers in Finance, Management, ICT, Human Resources and governance. It was established by Mentors who were previously employed as consultants to implement WAJIBIKA project. WAJIBIKA project was three years USAID funded project that had a purpose of strengthening programmatic and fiscal accountability in the Government including Local Government Authorities. Currently TMA is providing Mentoring to Both public as well as private sector on the improvements of its systems for better provision of service delivery.
Tanzania Mentors Association in collaboration with TMA Associates Limited (a new established Profit Company) is seeking a Project Development Manager to coordinate Project developments. The incumbent should have experience and skills of developing sound projects according to donor requirements. The main employment contract will be managed by Tanzania Mentors Association.
Duties of the Project/ Proposals Development Manager
• Assist the TMA and TMA Associates limited in enhancing project management skills and writing project proposals by gathering information on project nature, objectives/ outcomes, outputs, deliverables, project implementation, human resource, budget and costing, monitoring and evaluation, timeline, risks and issues and other required information.
• Help the Associations and Company in determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs.
• Coordinate requirements for the project from different stakeholders involved in the project proposal writing.
• Develop training materials on project management and writing project proposals that will include in-house training of TMA Staff, members and Mentors.
• Build capacity by providing day-to-day mentoring to TMA staff and Mentors on project proposal writing.
• Maintain current knowledge of Budget, Human Resource, and strategic and other significant documents related to Government and Private Sectors and other organizations that would be helpful in developing project proposals.
• Liaise with the Government of Tanzania and other development partners and other agencies as needed for the purpose of developing proposals and projects
• A minimum of five years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience.
• A minimum of four years substantive experience in a field relevant to this position.
• A minimum of two years international experience, including development programs.
• At least Master degree in Project design , development, Management and implementation or its equivalent qualifications ( Candidates with PHD qualifications have added advantage)
• Previous working experience in developing proposals for international Organizations like USAID, DFID etc for a period not less than 5 years
• The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the International requirements and formats for proposal development
• The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
• In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
• Must be able to cite past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work creatively and effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Must have experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners.
• Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as the candidate will be the primary interlocutor with government and international organization officials, and must set a positive, motivating and constructive tone for mentees/advisees.
• Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
• Prioritize, plan and coordinate project development activities according to customer requirements.
• Supervise development team on daily basis to execute assigned projects within deadlines and budget.
• Act as primary contact for customer queries and concerns.
• Perform customer negotiations for contractual terms and agreements.
• Prepare project proposals and develop project plan, schedule and budget.
• Determine resource requirements and identify resources with right skills to successfully execute projects.
• Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans.
• Perform cash flow analysis and process invoices in a timely fashion
• Develop business presentations for customer as needed.
• Develop cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality and productivity.
• Analyze and resolve project issues in timely and accurate manner
• Alerting the TMA Management team to tap opportunities for further provision of products and services within key exiting and new customers
• Liaise with TMA and TMA Associates managements to develop marketing tools that will influence donors.
• Prepare weekly , monthly and quarterly reports for the Association and Company
How to Apply
Please submit you are updated and signed CV to Executive Secretary, Tanzania Mentors Association, BOX 4278, Dodoma. Your CV should include your personal e-mail address and mobile number. In addition, your CV should indicate contact information for three referees, and application letter. The applications shall be submitted to this e-mail address: [email protected] Personal visits or phone calls to this office are discouraged. Applications received after the deadline of 16th March 2019 at 10.00am will not be considered.