Tanzania Electric Supply Company Ltd Job Vacancy : Accountant x6
- Company: Tanzania Electric Supply Company Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs - Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital.
TANESCO now invites internal & external applicants who are qualified, self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts below:
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT ( 6 POSTS)
REPORT TO: REGIONAL /DISTRICT ACCOUNTANT
WORKSTATIONS: DODOMA (4) ,MOROGORO ( 2) SINGIDA ( 2).
Responsible for budgeting and accounting functions in the Zones and Regions..
SSpecific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
• Have good performance track record
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills, creative and innovative
• Good team player
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Must be computer literate
SPECIFIC PERIOD EMPLOYMENT ( TWELVE MONTHS CONTRACTS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To supervise billing, data entry, finance, supplies and meter reading sections to avoid incorrect billing and unnecessary adjustments of the bills;
• To ensure safe custody of cash and daily banking activities in the Districts/Regions are done properly;
• To be responsible for the correct operation and allocation of works orders and keep its records;
• To be responsible for timely preparation of monthly quarterly and annual accounts for statutory audit;
• To prepare and submit all returns weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual from your department to comply with company’s procedures;
• To certify local purchasing orders, payment vouchers and be the second cheque signatory adhering to the authorization limits stipulated in the company’s financial regulations;
• To be responsible for closure of works orders and prompt submission of certificates to Head office;
• To process payments in accordance with the terms of payments and availability of funds;
• To ensure that daily collection received from the cashier is banked on the next day, and keep in safe custody all documents related to banking;
• To ensure that Value Added Tax (VAT) withholding tax on goods and services rendered including city levy are properly deducted and remitted to the government and respective council on time;
• To assist in preparing the regional budget and maintain effective Budget control to ensure there are no over expenditure.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
▪ Degree in Accountancy, Commerce, Finance or equivalent from recognized higher learning Institutions
▪ CPA (T) is a must.
▪ One year working experience.
Method of Application
• Qualified and interested candidate may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the company. • All Applications must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of three referees. • Application letters should clearly state the candidate’s name, secondary examination index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates. • Applications should be sent to address of a respective reporting office where advertised position(s) exist(s). Address for each reporting office is indicated in the table below: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: ❖ First appearance: 1 st APRIL ,2019 ❖ Deadline for submission of applications is15 th APRIL, 2019 ❖ Applicants must include reliable phone numbers for effective communication. ❖ All Applicants who will not be invited for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful. ❖ Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions by applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification. ❖ Never pay to have your application considered. Any call requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make payment for any reason please contact our Communication Office through 022-2451130/38, [email protected] or [email protected] . Applications shall be sent to: SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER, CENTRAL ZONE, TANESCO – HEAD OFFICE AND REGIONAL BUILDING , 2ND FLOOR, ROOM NO. 25 DAR ES SALAAM , ROAD P. O BOX 49, DODOMA.