TANROADS Iringa Jobs in Tanzania : Shift In-Charge x6
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TANROADS Iringa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
THE REGIONAL MANAGER’S OFFICE, TANROADS IRINGA is responsible for the day-to-day management of Trunk and Regional roads network in Iringa region. The primary functions of the Regional Manager’s Office include management of maintenance and development of the network, axle load control, implementation of road safety and environmental measures, Road Reserve Management and provision of technical advice and consultancy services to other Government and private Institutions on issues road related in the Region.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS Iringa on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for open minded and creative candidates who are motivated to work within a modern and dynamic environment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the various vacancies in the region on contract term (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN-CHARGE-(6 POSTS)
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Civil or equivalent from recognized institution;
- Computer literate;
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English;
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen;
- Age Limit Between 35-40 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
The shift In – Charge who reports to the Regional Manager through the Axle Load Control Supervisor (ALCS) will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;Supervising shift activities that among others including:
- Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) >3.500Kg plying on our public Roads
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager through the ALCS;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager / ALCS;
How to Apply
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their application letters enclosed with Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant education and professional certificates with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and mail addresses so as to reach the below before 21 st March, 2019 at 16:00 hours local time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who will not get letters of invitation for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 21 st March, 2019 at 16:00 hours local time.
Please apply to:
The Regional Manager,
P.O. Box 23,
Tel. No. +255 – 026 2968881