TANESCO Jobs in Tanzania : Electrical Technician x3
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TANESCO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is implementing its strategies to increase access and connectivity of its energy services and products for Tanzanians to support the government’s industrialization agenda. The company is currently expanding its business by investing heavily in generation, transmission and distribution network. In line with this, TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the positions under Specified Period Employment terms of Twelve Months Period (12) at KIBITI DISTRICT OFFICE, COAST REGION.
SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITIONS TO BE FILLED:
All Candidates must:
Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
Demonstrate highest degree of integrity, credibility, and character;
Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Be capable of working with minimal supervision;
Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
Possess knowledge and competency in related field;
Good customer care;
Electrical Technician: 3 Posts
Report to: Electrical Engineer
To ensure that all scheduled activities related to construction and maintenance of electrical distribution systems are carried out effectively and efficiently in order to ensure that customers are receiving reliable power supply.
• Constructs and maintains distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards.
• Assists in preparing short & long term plans construction/maintenance schedules for expansion of distribution network.
• Monitors load growth on secondary sub-station through periodic measurement.
• Conducts routine inspection of distribution lines to determine and prevents possible faults and eliminate unplanned power outages.
• Provides technical support to Foremen such that all construction and maintenance works are conveniently done in accordance with company’s standards and instructions.
• Prepares weekly, monthly and annually report for record keeping, future references and submit to mains engineer within agreed timelines.
• Maintains and repairs electrical systems, do performance maintenance of electrical systems.
• Carries out diagnostic analysis to determine causes of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
• Holder of Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized learning Institutions plus Certificate of Secondary education (Form Four or/and Form Six)
• At least 1 year of relevant working experience
• Must be a Computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references.
Application letter should also indicate details of secondary school certificates such as candidate’s name, index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER DSM & COAST ZONE, TANESCO – ILALA BUILDING, 4TH FLOOR, SAMORA AVENUE, P. O BOX 2233, DAR ES SALAAM.
Application close date is 3rd April 2019