TANESCO Jobs in Tanzania : Accountant Trainee
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TANESCO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is implementing its strategies to increase access and connectivity of its energy services and products for Tanzanians to support the government’s industrialization agenda. The company is currently expanding its business by investing heavily in generation, transmission and distribution network. In line with this, TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the positions under Specified Period Employment terms of Twelve Months Period (12) at KIBITI DISTRICT OFFICE, COAST REGION.
SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITIONS TO BE FILLED:
All Candidates must:
Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
Demonstrate highest degree of integrity, credibility, and character;
Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Be capable of working with minimal supervision;
Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
Possess knowledge and competency in related field;
Good customer care;
Accountant Trainee: 1 Post
Report to: District Accountant
Responsible for financial and revenue matters by ensuring that collection, debt reduction targets and expenditure set by the company are achievable and adhering to the approved district budget.
• Ensures safe custody of cash and daily banking activities in the Districts are done properly.
• Prepares and submits weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual returns from your department as per company’s procedures.
• Ensures safe custody of safe keys, cheque books, LPOs, and any other important financial documents.
• Closes works orders and prompt submission of certificates to Head office.
• Process payments in accordance with the terms of payments and availability of funds
• Ensures that daily collection received from the cashier is banked on the next day, and banking documents are kept in safe custody.
• Ensures that Value added Tax (VAT) and withholding tax on goods and services rendered including city levy are properly deducted and remitted to the government and respective council on time.
• Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Finance or equivalent qualification from recognized higher learning Institutions.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA Holder)
• Certificate of Secondary Education (Form Four or Six).
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience in managing accounting functions.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references.
Application letter should also indicate details of secondary school certificates such as candidate’s name, index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER DSM & COAST ZONE, TANESCO – ILALA BUILDING, 4TH FLOOR, SAMORA AVENUE, P. O BOX 2233, DAR ES SALAAM.
Application close date is 3rd April 2019