Tandahimba Community Bank Jobs in Tanzania : Internal Auditor
- Company: Tandahimba Community Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mtwara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Tandahimba Community Bank incorporated in 2005 under the Companies Act, licensed and regulated by the Bank of Tanzania commenced Banking and Financial Services in December, 2008 in Mtwara Region. Its main focus is reaching out to the general public through farmers, traders and workers by offering convenient, easy and affordable banking and financial services including deposit taking, credit and other financial services leveraging alternative technological banking channels and service outlets. The Bank is implementing a turnaround project with management support from the CRDB Bank Pic since 2015.
Tandahimba Community Bank is seeking to recruit a competent, self-motivated and professional individual to fill a position of Internal Auditor. The potential candidate should be able to quickly integrate into the existing leadership team.
Overall Job Purpose:
Administratively reporting to the General Manager, the Internal Auditor will be responsible to provide leadership and manage Internal Audit Unit to ensure the Audit Committee of the Board and the Board is informed and advised on the effectiveness of controls and governance processes in the Bank.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Overall management of the Internal Audit unit.
- Prepare and implement annual audit plan and any other special tasks or projects as assigned by Management or Audit committee.
- Issue periodic, quarterly and annual reports to the Audit Committee and Management summarizing the results of audit activities.
- Conduct investigations of frauds, thefts and malpractices within the Bank and issue report of findings to Management and Audit Committee.
- Ensure that internal audit guidelines including audit policy, manual and charters are in place and updated.
- Determine whether the Bank’s framework of risk management, control and governance processes as designed by management is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure that risks are appropriately identified assessed and managed.
- Evaluate internal control systems of the Bank to determine whether they are adequate and provide a means of safeguarding the assets of the Bank.
- Attend and submit reports at Management Committee Meetings/Board.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate activities of external Auditors / Bank of Tanzania Examiners.
- Follow up the implementation of recommendations made by External Auditors and Bank of Tanzania examiners.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the General Manager
Key Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in the Banking and Financial services industry in Finance, Control, Audit and or Risk and government management.
S/he should have a Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, Banking, Business Administration or Finance and/or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized university. Must also be a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA/ACCA).
- The candidate must have thorough knowledge and experience in internal controls assessment and testing.
- Strong analytical capability
- Audit Report Writing skills
- Audit planning and coordination
- Ability to supervise audit projects
- Continuous Innovation
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- The candidate should bo in a position to initiate change to his/her team and to the organization at large
Attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be provided.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an application letter accompanied with certified copies of academic transcript, certificates, testimonials, a detailed up to date CV and at least three work related referees addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him not later than 19th April, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
General Manager, Tandahimba Community Bank Pic, P.o. Box 06, Tandahimba Mtwara, Tanzania +255 23 2 410 093 [email protected]