Tai Tanzania Job Vacancy : Strategic Communications Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tai Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Strategic Communications Manager
Report to Executive Director
Duration 6 months ( can extend to 1 year)
Time 09:00 am – 05:00 pm Monday to Friday
Strategic Communications Manager has a role to significantly enhance
the national and global reputation of Tai Tanzania and its work by
repackaging and/or commissioning content and information produced
within the organization into strong communications products suitable for
a national and global public audience. This role will be responsible for
establishing, and disseminating, professional, high quality editorial and
content suitable for a variety of audiences (including both advocacy
and fundraising target audiences), as well as leading on appropriate
dissemination strategies from social media plans to press conferences
Duties and responsibilities
Strategic communication and media (70%)
Creating and executing communications strategy
· Lead on the development of the strategic communications planner as a key organizational
· Oversee the planning for all key communications moments; clarifying which should be focused on, defining levels of support and ensuring all have clear project plans that reach key audiences and maximize cross-organizational opportunities.
· Effectively communicate plans and activities across all relevant teams.
Branding and media management
· Lead on the creative development of key campaigns and activities, ensuring we reach target audiences in inspiring and compelling ways utilizing communications trends.
· Oversee the creative development of all relevant projects, to ensure we tell the Tai story with impact.
· Develop key messages for effective social media content.
· Conduct brand audit semiannually and provide recommendation to strengthen the brand.
· Oversee the continuous day to day media monitoring and provide proper documentation.
· Engage mass audience using different public relations methods
Facilitating internal and external communications
· Work with communication coordinators to prepare content for external communication.
· Work with event manager to ensure
· Provide Proper channels for effective communication within the organization.
Advocating for organization key messages
· Work with a events and campaign coordinator to deliver key messages through events
· Working with Tai Studio Producer to develop and review episodes to align with organization strategic messaging.
· Developing campaign strategy for all the organization campaigns.
Partnerships and fundraising (30%)
Establishing partnership with corporate companies, NGOs and coalitions
· Develop proposal according to the need of the partnerships
· Conduct sales meetings for establishment of
· Create, implement and manage partnerships.
· Manage information gathering and participate in networking activities in order to identify potential partners and fundraising opportunities
· Search and research potential donors and foundations to evaluate potential funding sources
· Make initial contact and follow up. Build and maintain profitable long-term relationships with potential donors and partners
· Monitor the development of the partnerships and fund applications
· Maintain critical stakeholders databases
· Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund
development to meet and exceed revenue goals
Managing organization fundraising activities
· Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of Tai in the future
· Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget
· Monitor online crowdfunding campaign set up by international volunteers and other stakeholders
· Develop fundraising events plan and strategies to reach yearly target
· At least 1 year experience as a volunteer
· An understanding of video production process
· Experience in working close with multiple partners
· Recruitment skills with the ability to lead a team
· Experience in facilitating meetings and trainings
· Ability to work in a flexible environment
· Good level of English written and oral
· Strong partners engagement skills
· Line management skills
For the most the work will take place within the normal work hours and in the Tai Office with multiple movements in town for meetings with partners. This requires that you work closely with your team to get around town and that you are not afraid of getting around on your own