Tai Tanzania Job Vacancy : Program Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tai Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Program Manager
Report to Executive Director
Duration 6 months Renewable
Time 0800 – 1700 Monday to Friday
Job purpose The program manager is responsible for the delivery of the
output/product of the program, which will involve managing a portfolio
of projects and programs. To coordinate the teams which are working
on the various projects. You will provide strategic guidance to teams
and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture.
You will also oversee the progress of operations.
Program manager must be an excellent leader and will have
experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in
a timely manner. He/she must also be able to develop efficient
strategies and tactics.
Duties and responsibilities
· Maintain regular contact with funding organizations and report on program
activities in intervals mutually established between funder and Tai Tanzania
· Take a leadership role in seeking out and writing funding applications to
guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
· Develop proposals for receiving funds and other in kind support
· Follow up with fundraisers who are raising funds for the project
· Take an active role in developing a financial sustainability model for the
· Seek contracts and partnerships and spearhead the development of proposals
· Design program/project that will create positive impact in the community and
attract funding for sustainability.
Community Outreach and Engagement:
· Maintain strong communication and partnership with funder(s)
· Develop appropriate community partnerships and collaborations, and provide
advice to the management related to the operationalization of those
partnerships and collaborations
· Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders that share the mission
of Tai Tanzania ie. Schools, other NGOs, private companies, supporters etc.
· Analyze and mitigate risks.
· Work with the communication team to develop communication and advocacy
strategies for the program.
· Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly assess program
components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated
to the management, Board, funders, and other stakeholders
· Develop, implement and regularly review and update relevant policies and
· Work with the Human Resources team to;-
· Create and update a recruitment plan for the program team members.
· Create and update plans and materials for the training and support of program team members in various roles.
· Deliver, or ensure the delivery of; recruitment, induction/training, performance management and coordination of program’s team meetings.
· Document and address volunteer and staff concerns
· Develop opportunities for capacity building and personal development among program team members ie. volunteers;
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation/Reporting:
· Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle as required – including weekly reports; monthly reports for the Board and funding organizations/sources; final reports for funding organizations/sources
· In cooperation with the Treasurer, review and revise as needed the budgets and reporting for all operations of the program activities.
· Ensure that all important events/moments are captured and be shared on all social media platforms of the organization.
· Lead internal program evaluation activities and, where required, liaise with evaluation consultants
· Ensure all records are available in the Google drive and that other team members can easily find them. Everything from contact numbers of teachers, teaching instructions, feedback forms etc.
• BA in Education, social sciences or a relevant field
• Experience working in a team
• Experience working together with people from different cultures
• Skills in managing volunteers
• Ability to work in a flexible environment
• Easy and outgoing
• Experience in working and living abroad
• Skills in handling many tasks at the same time
Most of your work will be taking place in the TAI Office. But you are also expected to go to the locations where the project is taking place. I.e. schools, supermarkets, offices. You will also attend meetings with partners around the town. Work on weekends can also occur i.e. if there is an event taking place.