TA Communication for Development Officer x2 at UNICEF
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Mbeya & Zanzibar, Tanzania
How can you make a difference?
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Support Health Promotion Coordinators in establishing/re-activating social mobilization coordination mechanisms at regional and district level, and facilitate ongoing support
- Conduct mapping of key partners and actors ad different levels
- Facilitate RCCE planning at regional levels and district levels as needed
- Facilitate rapid behavioural assessments relevant for emergency preparedness in Risk Communication/Community Engagement
- Mapping and identification of key community structures and channels for community mobilization and engagement
- Support building capacity for social mobilization among local influencers, CBOs and social networks
- Develop distribution plan of multi-media IEC material and messages Ensure appropriate placement of SBCC messages as materials in appropriate channels
- Support Monitoring, reporting and supportive supervision of RCCE actions
- Document stories from the field including success stories and lessons
- Mapping of key partners and local actors and minutes from establishment/activation of social mobilization groups
- Mapping of key channels and platforms in designated districts
- RCCE plan reviewed and finalized by the respective RCCE coordination sub-groups led by government
- Weekly updates and monthly reports on trainings for key mobilizers, coordination meetings and community engagement activities conducted
- Final report of key actions, challenges, and lessons
University degree in the fields of Social/Behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, community development, Public Health, Health Education).
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of public health and one or more other relevant areas (e.g.: community engagement, behavior change, health promotion, community development, education, etc.)
- Experience in SBCC, and emergencies, including disease outbreak communication, Risk Communication and Community Engagement Community Outreach, Capacity building and Monitoring and evaluation
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with either the UN and/or NGO
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences.
- Results driven; able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and with minimum supervision.
- Strong sense of team spirit, diplomacy. Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; builds and maintains an effective network across organizational departments and with other partners.
- Ability to work under tight schedule, respond to multiple demands including within a changing environment. Innovative and resourceful mindset to make solutions work in adverse conditions
- Willingness to frequently travel within Tanzania and possibly spend extensive periods at field locations
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrable experience in qualitative and quantitative epidemiological information analysis, program monitoring and reporting.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- The staff members will be based in Mbeya and Zanzibar field offices while not undertaking field missions and will be provided with a workstation and internet as needed.
- The staffs is entitled to DSA when on travel outside duty station and other entitlements
- The staffs will have access to UNICEF transport to facilitate his/her work as needed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Thu Oct 10 2019 14:35:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Oct 24 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)