Swissport Jobs in Tanzania : Chief Financial Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Swissport
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
- As a key member of the Executive Management team, under nominal direction or working independently, plan, organise, direct, and manage all ground and cargo handling activities, with the aim to achieve or exceed financial targets whilst ensuring operational integrity & compliance.
- The position controls and reports all of cost, revenue and investments in line with Swissport International standards and IFRS.
- Provide expert financial guidance & leadership to the Tanzania businesses, in support of Country and Group objectives.
- Ensure that all financial matter of Swissport Tanzania is properly administered, controlled and reported on in accordance with all Group and statutory requirements, and timescales.
- The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, compliance and institutional financing. This position oversees the procurement and IT functions as well.
Tasks & Responsibilities
I. Financial & Commercial Perspective
- Assist the CEO in preparation of the company’s strategic plan & manage both short-term and long-term financial planning and forecasting
- Overall responsible for gathering, recording, reporting & interpreting of the economic activities of the Company
- Perform financial analysis of the anticipated opportunities and advise the management on the best course of action
- Ensure the company has effective controls to mitigate business and operational risks
- Ensure company’s assets are safeguarded and are adequately insured
- Manage internal and external audits
- Establish and maintain accounting systems as per Financial Manual of the Swissport Group and IFRS
- Establish and maintain general ledger accounting as per requirements by the Companies Act of Tanzania
- Ensure timely & accurate financial reporting to local management and Swissport International
- Preparation of Financial Statements of accounts in accordance with IFRS
- Perform control of all costs and revenues
- Administer insurance and taxation matters of the organization.
- Treasury management
- Manage the procurement unit of the company
- Coordinate budgeting and business planning process and monitor & control the approved budget
- Establish payroll accounting and effect payment of salaries
- Co-ordinate finance and administrative matters with Controlling – BF Swissport International
- Ensure that personnel and equipment are planned and deployed in the most cost-effective manner
- Ensure management of creditors and debtors as per the set targets and effect payments as per credit arrangements
II. Customer & Stakeholder Perspective
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders (headquarter, regional management, country management, station management, customers, airport authorities, investors, suppliers, banks, consultants) to promote Swissport’s global strategy
- Represent the company in meetings with various stakeholders as and when required
- Ensure that Swissport’s core values are communicated to all departmental staff thus ensuring that we strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and deliver excellent service
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
III. Internal Business Processes
- Ensure that operational procedures are established, implemented, maintained and carried out in accordance with international financial reporting and Swissport International standards
- Enforce personnel policies
- Determine Key Performance Indicators for the departments and ensure these are met
- Set and maintain quality standards
IV. Corporate Governance & Risk Management
- Develop and maintain a proper reporting system of financial results to the Chief Executive Officer, Board and Swissport International
- Strictly adhere to reporting systems of financial results to Swissport International.
- Ensure strict compliance with all international and local government/statutory requirements regarding finance
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with SPI and applicable state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
V. Organizational Leadership, Learning & Development
- Provide direction, guidance, coaching and leadership to the Finance, Procurement and IT team
- Develop managerial skills of direct reports and their supervisory staff
- Develop & implement a succession management system for each department
- Take part in meetings with the Labour Union, such as CBA negotiations
- University Degree or Equivalent in finance or Business related study and at least 7 years of work experience in a senior management position
- CPA (T) qualification or ACCA or other similar professional qualification
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Good knowledge and understanding of tax laws
- High level of business analytical skills
- Able to link and work with various authorities impacting the aviation industry
- Good feeling for figures and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Fluent command of Swahili and English as the corporate language
- Effective Leadership – Able to motivate all levels of staff to achieve departmental and corporate goals, and with a strong commitment to developing the potential of others. Developed team building and team working skills, able to harness and nurture the skills of (in particular) other Accounting professionals.
- Business Acumen – The understanding of key business drivers for performance and use of sound business practices. The ability to use sound commercial principles in all areas of responsibility
- Strategic Orientation – Take a long-term and visionary view of the direction to be followed in the future.
- Customer focus – Unceasing care in looking after the interests of external and internal customers to ensure that their wants, needs and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Quality Focus – Focus on delivering quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, with a developed ability to generate information from data, and to effectively communicate complex financial matters to non-financial colleagues.
- Excellent negotiating skills, able to lead/support major, complex, and high spend negotiations to successful outcome. Intellectually strong and business aware, able to represent Swissport with major industry leaders and to enhance the Swissport reputation.
- Corporate perspective. A clear understanding of and commitment to the Swissport global context, with the ability to reconcile potential conflicts versus local (France) business priorities.
- Ability to decide under consideration of economical factors
- Good judgement and decision ability with a high degree of responsibility awareness
- Enforcement power and conviction power for own position and the position of Swissport Zurich
- Physical and psychological strength and emotional and physical stability in challenging and changing times
- Self-confidence and ability to build up trust
- Team player & Leading by example.