Structural Iron & Steel Worker at Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Structural Iron & Steel Worker. He/she will be responsible for laying out and fabricating structural steel and sheet metal in order to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints, and works with concrete reinforcing steel bars.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures.
- Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
- Repair older infrastructure. Make, weld, and cut structural metal in fabricating shops.
- Erect steel frames.
- Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, reinforcing bars, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
- Drill holes into steel for bolts.
- Number steel according to assembly instructions.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Attach cables to steel and then to the crane.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
- Use plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
- Bolt or weld piece into place.
- Set reinforcing bars into forms to hold concrete.
- Fasten bars together with wire.
- Place spacers under rebar to lift bars off deck.
- Cut bars with metal shears and torches.
- Reinforce concrete with welded wire fabric.
- Substitute cables for rebar.
- Tighten cables with jacking equipment.
- Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.
How to Apply
Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined as above are invited to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to [email protected] Kindly mark your application as “Application ‘Structural Iron & Steel Worker “In the subject line of your email. Note: Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Friday 18th October 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification