Storefront Manager at Mondia
- Company: Mondia
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
WHAT WE DO | Our talented teams create tech that connects brands to people via meaningful content that impacts their lives in positive ways. By understanding where the markets are going and where technology fits in; we use our knowledge to identify solutions that boost businesses and shift user experiences.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT | What makes us a leader in our industry, and different from other international digital tech companies, is our ability to tailor or custom create our offering to solve business challenges
WHERE YOU FIT IN | We aim to build an inspiring organisation with an engaged and high performing culture. We believe in possibilities. We connect to the future. Think unlimited digital potential, global reach, limitless content, unreal experiences, real connections; now imagine the direct impact you could have in this landscape. If you are eager to work in an inspiring, dynamic environment and collaborate with like-minded people, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Storefront Manager located in Dar es Salaam, is to manage the day to day operational and support tasks that are essential to delivering objectives for Mondia Managed mobile portals, WAP (Content, Music & Games) and USSD, including but not limited to Storefront Management, Content Management, Portal Editorial, Partner Integration, Price Plan management, Product Troubleshooting and Testing/Verification of implementation.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Setting up landing pages and webpages within our proprietary CMS system Anthrax (proprietary system)
- Manage all portal builds and campaigns, from brief including analysis of the business requirements.
- Implementing the required modules, shortcodes, mini sites, making sure that these requirements are met before the site/campaign goes live.
- Conception and development of Anthrax to meet future UX requirements
- Optimization of user flows within customer portals
- Test cases created after creating portal homepage, sub sections, promotions and campaigns and conduct own testing before submission to ETE QA.
- Ensure that partner integration to all portals is implemented in accordance with policies, project plans and processes.
- Pricing and Price Plan implementation – have an in-depth understanding of how Telco pricing tools works and be able to provide support on this to the Product Team, QA, Business partners.
- Using the portal API and applications such as:
- Jira for Project Management and Support functions
- CMS and various tools for the upload of content and management of portal structures
- Pricing Tools – upload and configure price points for sale of Content on Telco Portals.
- Anthrax for the Creation of Portal pages, promotional modules, mini sites, updating content scheduling, subscription management.
- Proxy integration for the Creation of partner URLs to integrate into portals
- Hosting images/ editing device profiles.
- Content ingestion (FTMD, Games, wallpapers, videos and editorial/news feeds).
- Creation of shortlinks to link to specific content items hosted on portals for campaign tracking and reporting.
- Maintain relationships with relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies:
- Product Managers, Content Providers, Support Teams.
- Providing first line support to the QA team and Telco portal issues, support 3rd party content partners
- Construct, implement/fine tune methods, processes/systems to enhance effectiveness of the Broadband products/services.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally high ownership, excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment. They would also be highly focused on demonstrating excellence in service delivery and problem-solving; breaking down complex information into understandable and actionable items.
Other qualifications include:
- 3 years tertiary Business or Technology Qualification
- BSc in IT Engineering
- Certificates in Graphical Design or HTML and XML (would be advantageous)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Content portal management and
- On portal sales, ideally within a mobile operator or digital marketing agency
- Mobile technology.
- Specific Apps (Jira, Anthrax) will be an added advantage.
- CMS (MMC will be an added advantage).
- HTML, XHTML, WML, PML and HTML5 editing/developing
- High level presentation experience
- Must be fluent in English and a local language