Standard Bank Group Jobs in Tanzania : Software Architect
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Standard Bank Group
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To design, code, test, debug and correct programs in development environments within the Continuous delivery pipe lines as well as provide support and maintenance of computer systems and programmes. In addition, produce program specifications in accordance with the Cyclomatic complexity conducive to a technical area, and implement applicable enhancements as well as work effectively within a strict framework of Software quality assurance standards.
Strive to reach mature levels on the Continuum model by building own and team competence to work in a continuous delivery environment. Champion team learning and adopt suitable methodologies and practices.
Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets.
Work in partnership with Business representatives (e.g. Product Owner, Product Manager) to ensure alignment and value to the customer.
Manage work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritisation of backlogs and react flexibly to changing demands
Prepare test cases for unit testing purposes.
Conduct unit testing and fix detected errors. Testing can be done on own work as well as on that of other colleagues in the team.
Develop technical support documentation within agreed standards.
Document all work done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development.
Construct, interpret and execute end to end system and program tests to verify correct operation of completed systems.
Ensure adherence to release methodology and technical change management procedures for all changes.
Adhere to project timelines for new developments and agreed service level timelines for repairing defects.
Develop tier coding, business layer coding, interface development, service development and ensure creation of stored procedures, etc. as applicable for the work package / project.
Drive CTS and customer specific coding standards, guidelines and best practices.
Understand the database concepts and write efficient queries.
Raise clarifications / issues / concerns regarding work output to the lead.
Seek review from peer / technical lead periodically.
Participate in setup activities for required environment setup.
Deploy code build in testing environment.
Conduct peer review during design, coding and testing.
Complete documentation as per the scope.
Prepare guidelines and checklist for development and testing activities. Provide feedback to design team.
Preferred Qualification And Experience
- BSc Computer Science, B.Com Informatics degree or related degree
- Understanding and work experience using Java Spring and RESTful Web services.
- Experience in using and implementing Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of JUnit, JMeter, HTTP test, and selenium
- Working knowledge of Application Servers
- Working knowledge of Web Servers such as Apache or similar containers
- Knowledge of databases such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2, and SQL Server advantageous.
- Experience working in global technical teams
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented (OO) principles
- Advanced experience of building RESTful services/systems (JSON, XML)
- Agile environment experience (SCRUM, TDD, BDD)
- XML (JAXP and JAXB), XSLT, AJAX and Web Services
- Excellent knowledge in JSF, Spring and Hibernate.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Experience in relational database design on DB/Oracle/SQL Server and good knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL
- MVC frameworks (Struts, Velocity or similar)
- SaaS, SOA, Agile, OO software design, unit testing and Agile development process, SDLC ((design, develop, test and deploy), Web Services – Building APIs, OOP and Agile
- Software consulting experience (implementing enterprise software solutions for customers) including direct customer contact