Social Research Foundation Jobs in Tanzania : Research Fellow
- Company: Social Research Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) is an independent policy research institution based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. ESRF was established in 1994 to respond to the growing need for a research think tank with a mandate to conduct research for policy analysis and capacity building. The Foundation’s primary objectives are therefore to undertake policy enhancing research, to strengthen capabilities in policy analysis and decision making, as well as articulate and improve the understanding of policy options in government, the public sector, the donor community, and the growing private sector, and civil society.
The key themes or core research areas at ESRF are compliant to the Tanzania Development Vision 2025, the Five Year Development Plan and East African Community Development Strategies. The themes covered by ESRF are: Inclusive Growth, Employment and Industrialization; Governance and Accountability; Globalisation and Regional Integration; Social Service Delivery and Social Protection; Natural Resources and Environmental Management; and knowledge Management and Innovation.
The Foundation promotes public understanding of economic and social conditions as well as public policy issues. It carries out policy research, capacity development and promotes dialogue on policy issues by engaging both public and private sector stakeholders through online and offline discussions.
Given the increased demand to research and articulate various policy and strategic issues, ESRF seeks to recruit experienced, competent, self-motivated and dynamic Tanzanians for the following positions:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
RESEARCH FELLOW – ONE POST
• Holder of PhD degree in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness, with a minimum of 2 years experience of research in policy studies.
• Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability in coordination and administering research/consultancies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake research on a given field as may be assigned by relevant authority.
• Carries out research studies on various issues/topics both in public and private sector.
• Participates in a team to undertake policy analysis for ESRF’s clientele and establishes good working relationships with clients.
• Develops fundable research proposals.
• Participates in synthesizing and translating research work into practical uses.
• Assesses policy issues and understands how they relate to other areas of economic policy.
• Develop a habit of reading widely in order to acquire new knowledge, skills and information.
• Prepares policy and strategy papers.
• Carries out other duties as may be assigned by his or her seniors from time to time.
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package as per ESRF Scheme.
Method of Application
ESRF is an equal opportunity employer. Send your application for the specified position, a detailed CV, certified copies of your certificates and transcripts, your telephone number, email and three referees with their emails, postal addresses and telephone numbers electronically to [email protected] APPLY TO: [email protected] For more details on ESRF, please visit www.esrf.or.tz