SNV Jobs in Tanzania : Workforce Readiness Specialist
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: SNV
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth is a five-year initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The activity’s goal is to increase economic opportunities for rural young people between the ages of 15 and 35. The activity is dedicated to building youth entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce-readiness skills and empower youth to become leaders in their communities by connecting them to opportunities promoting employment, wellbeing and leadership.
- Increasing entrepreneurship and workforce readiness skills among youth. (Livelihood Component)
- Strengthening leadership and positive youth development. (Leadership Component)
- Enhancing life skills for healthy living and planning. (Lifeskills Component)
By focusing on a positive youth development (PYD) approach to connect with rural Tanzanian young people and their communities, Advancing Youth empowers youth to reach their potential. Advancing Youth’s PYD methodology focuses on delivering training and mentoring around three “Ls”: Livelihoods, Leadership, and Life Skills.
SNV Tanzania seeks a full-time Workforce Readiness Specialist to help implement the AY program. The Workforce Readiness Specialist reports to the Entrepreneurship and Workforce Development (WFD) Specialist, who oversees the implementation of livelihood component. Under the guidance of the Entrepreneurship and WFD Specialist, the Deputy Chief of Party, and ultimately the Chief of Party, the Workforce Readiness Specialist is responsible for providing guidance to grantees to support youth with appropriate business and life skills trainings, assist with business plan and other specific trainings, mentorship, coaching and matching for young entrepreneurs, facilitate linkages to BDS and finance providers as well as to other value chain actors.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To, The Following
The Workforce Readiness Specialist’s specific responsibilities will be carried out in consultation and/or collaboration with other team members and stakeholders as needed. They may change as project needs are defined during the contract period.
- Engage with potential private sector, employers and other Feed the Future Implementing Partners(IPs) along staple, poutry and horticulture value chains as well as BDS and training service providers, government agencies, and existing youth-led enterprises and cooperatives in Zanzibar
- Identify businesses and opportunities in Zanzibar that have unmet demand for skilled young employees, and create connections between youths and these market opportunities
- Assist in the identification of business coach mentors from the private sector and provide linkages between youths and mentors in Zanzibar.
- Help identify and capacitate Youth Saving and Lending Associations (YSLAs) for skill, workforce, and entrepreneurship development and help foster the creation of new YSLAs to help young people build financial and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Help small and medium youth enterprises form partnerships with banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are ready and able to support youth businesses
- Assist in the planning and implementation of youth business start-up weekends, entrepreneurship bootcamps, hackthons and other events as needed.
- Support Monitoring & Evaluation field activities – data collection, verification for both grantees and Community Mobilizers
- Tracking progress of the Community Mobilizers (CMs) and reporting their monthly activities
- Drafting the components weekly updates, monthly and quartery reports.
- Support the components success stories compilation.
- Work with grantees to ensure that deliverables are met and activities are operating within standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with Leadership and Lifeskills technical teams as well as grantess to intergrate youth within all components
- BSc Agriculural Economics and Agribusiness, Business, Economics, Development Economics, Entrepreneurship, Rural and Regional development planning and other related studies (masters degree preferred)
- Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of working in relevant field (or 3 years plus a masters’ degree)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience (minimum of 3 years) of Workforce Readiness issues, including:
- Training and Readiness Skills: This includes identifying market demands, assessing youth skill levels to identify gaps, and designing and tailoring curricula to close gaps.
- Business Management Skills: This may include advice on general business management, legal issues, supply-chain management, e-commerce take-up and the use of information technology.
- Basic Financial Management Skills: This may include advice on accounting practices, cash flow, and guidance on available banking and finance products, credit management, and investment analysis.
- Business Planning Advice: This may include a diagnostic assessment of business plans, followed by business planning advice that meets their needs incorporating things such as business continuity and marketing plans.
- Mentoring and Networking for Business: This may include one-on-one, group sessions and networking opportunities for unemployed youths, entrepreneurs, or other related enterprises.
- General Business Advice: This may include providing advice and tailored knowledge to businesses, including recommendations about government programs and regulatory compliance.
- Entrepreneurship: Knowledgeable about Non-financial Business Development Services (BDS), small business finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, scaling up small ventures, and other related topics.
- Knowledge and skills in planning, monitoring, training, organising and leading workshops
- Adequate IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office to be able to complete project monitoring and reporting requirements
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills in multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience of working with local partners, including government agencies, development partners and civil society organisations
- Aspiring for good service delivery with strong people centred skills, interpersonal skills, committed, proactive and dynamic.
- Professional level English and Swahili proficiency, Verbal and Written.
- Experience working with youth and young entrepreneurs is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and prior work experience in Zanzibar highly desired.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a one-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.