Shift In-Charge x6 at Tanroads
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanroads
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
THE REGIONAL MANAGER, TANROADS – IRINGA is responsible for the day-to-day management of Trunk and Regional roads network in Iringa region. The primary functions of the Regional Manager include management of maintenance and development of the Road Network, Axle Load Control, Implementation of Road Safety and Environmental measures, Road Reserve Management and provision of Technical advice and consultancy services to other Government and private Institutions on road related issues in Iringa region.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS Iringa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacancies at its office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the various vacancies in the region on contract term (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN-CHARGE – (6 POSTS)
- Age limit is between 35 and 40 years.
- Education minimum Qualification: Holder of 1 st Degree in any profession.
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Enforcing of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Overall supervision of the shift activities,
Carrying out activities as described in the Roads Traffic (maximum Weight of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 and The East African Community Vehicle Load Control (Enforcement Measures) Regulations, 2016. The activities include the following:
- Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) from 3,500kg or above plying on our public roads;
- Impose road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle and in case on non-compliance with vehicle dimensions limit; the transporter should be caused to seek for a special permit;
- For trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit, the Weighbridge Operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge in-charge for appropriate action;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed
- Observe good customer care, dignity and integrity
- Report all matters to the Regional Manager/Axle load supervisor
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager/ Axle load supervisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply in confidence to the Regional Manager TANROADS Iringa describing how they qualify for the position. Letters of application must be accompanied by a detailed CV, name of two referees and their addresses, certified copies of relevant academic certificates, birth certificate and day time telephone number to the address below. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please apply to:
The Regional Manager, TANROADS, P.O. Box 23, IRINGA.
Tel. No. +255-026 2968881
CLOSING DATE: 4th December, 2019 at 16:00 hours local time