Shift In-charge x2 at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility with maintenance and development of the trunk and Regional Roads networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operation using Weighbridges.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – GEITA on behalf of the Chief Executive (CE) TANROSDS seeks to recruit qualified and competent with integrity integrate Tanzanian Citizens to fill the following vacant posts on contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN-CHARGE – (2 POSTS)
Key qualifications for the Shift In-charge;
- Holder of 1st Degree in any profession. (Higher qualification will be advantageous);
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Between 35 and 40 years of age
Duties and Responsibilities of Shift In-charge
- The shift In-charge who reports to the Regional Manager will be responsible for:
- Enforcing The East African Community Vehicle Load Control Act.2013 and its Regulations by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Supervising shift activities that among others including:
- Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3500kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager;
Method of Application
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30- March, 2020.
Please apply to:
Regional Manager, TANROADS, P.O. Box 433, GEITA. Tel: + 255 28 2520342 Fax: +255 28 2520314 Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.