SHDEPHA Jobs in Tanzania : Social Economic Empowerment Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: SHDEPHA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: SOCIAL ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OFFICER
Project Name: USAID –SAUTI PROJECT
Duty Station: MSALALA DC
Salary scale 1,050,000 tshs (gross salary)
SHDEPHA+ is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216. SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing and implementing its own projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
The SEEO will support the planning, implementing and monitoring of WORTH+, an economic strengthening intervention that utilizes a unique combination of literacy training and community banking and entrepreneurship targeting Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young women in the Sauti Program’s combination HIV prevention programs. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the mainstreaming and implementation of DREAMS core package of interventions (social asset building, socio-economic combination and parenting) by SHDEPHA+ in the WORTH+ groups. The SEEO will train and mentor Empowerment workers staff on WORTH+ interventions, monitor the implementation of strategies and interventions and ensure services provided through this platform are in compliance with Sauti‘s Standard Operating Procedure. S/he will work closely with DREAMS PO, SBCC Program Officer and Biomedical Advisor at regional level, to ensure the alignment and technically soundness of interventions across the project. The SEEO will participate in the monthly EWs meetings, facilitate progress review meetings, visiting WORTH+ groups at safe spaces. Overall, this position requires extensive travel to the field of up.
- Support implementation of strategies and interventions in compliance with WORTH+ SOP, to improve the quality and responsiveness of service delivery for vulnerable AGYW
- Facilitate trainings to empowerment workers and DREAMS PO in community banking, electronic ledgers, entrepreneurship, literacy, Better parenting, SBCC, and Basic counselling skills using evidenced based curriculum
- Facilitate the enrolment of vulnerable AGYW into market driven vocational training at Vocational Educational and Training Authority (VETA) and apprenticeship programs with successful businessmen in the districts
- Support to Ews in developing and implementing state of art best practices business models with viable markets and reliable supply chains.
- Ensure that all WORTH+ groups receive biomedical services at the Safe space or by the CBHTC+ teams.
- Support registration of WORTH+ groups with the Ministry of Health, Community Department, Gender, Elderly and Children
- Supporting linkage to agricultural projects and SIDO related business opportunities
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in field(s) in economics, social sciences, or related field relevant to fulfilment of the duties and responsibilities as described above.
At least three years of progressively responsible experience in economic strengthening interventions
Preference for candidates that have been involved in donor funded development programs.
Fluent spoken and written English and Swahili.
Social Work experience a plus
Work experience in micro finance is a plus.
How to Apply
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join SHDEPHA+ are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Program director
Hand delivery is also acceptable
Deadline: 20th March 2019 by 5:00pm