SHDEPHA Jobs in Tanzania : Project Managers x2
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: SHDEPHA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: PROJECT Managers (2 position)
Organisation: SHDEPHA+ KAHAMA
Project Name: USAID WAACHE WASOME
Duty Station: KARATU DC
Salary scale 650,000 tshs (gross salary)
SHDEPHA+ is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216. SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing and implementing its own projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
About WAACHE WASOME Project:
Waache Wasome’ is a five – year project (Dec 2016 – September 2021), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by World Education, Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) in Partnership with SHDEPHA+ at Karatu DC , The goal of the project is to increasing adolescent girls’ enrolment and retention in secondary school.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee and coordinate all activities which aimed at Build the agency, knowledge and protective assets of girls in secondary schools through Protect Our Youth (POY) Clubs. The POY clubs provide safe spaces in schools where girls can build protective assets that reduce vulnerabilities and expand opportunities. The POY clubs will focus on the enhancement of girls self – esteem, self – confidence, decision making abilities, leadership skills and ability to challenge violence in schools and communities
- To oversee and coordinate all activities which aimed at increasing family commitment and capacity to invest in girls education
- To oversee and coordinate all activities aimed at foster a girl friendly and supportive school environment
- Oversee and coordinate all issues related to providing alternative education pathway for girls who have dropped out of secondary schools due to pregnancy and/or early marriage
- Facilitate the process for development/preparation and review Progress and action plans to reach targets.
- Participate in meetings with WEI Tanzania
- Provide technical support to the Team
- Work in a professional manner with Finance department to run the project smooth
- Ensure timely submission of reports to WEI and SHDEPHA
- Conduct monitoring and Evaluation visits.
- Keep in touch with all key stakeholders at community levels at all time and ensure there is no discrimination or stigma from field staff.
- Represent the organization to the LGA meetings and other stakeholder meetings
- Be flexible and accomplish any tasks given by line manager (Program Director)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID waache Wasome Project must hold a Diploma /advanced diploma or Bachelor’s education ,economics, community development and other related fields
- Computer literacy i.e. experience in power point, word and excel
- Keen attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills
- Ability to prioritize, meets deadlines and work on multiple tasks
Job application procedure
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join SHDEPHA+ are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Hand delivery is also acceptable
Deadline: 19th March 2019 by 5:00pm