SHDEPHA Jobs in Tanzania : Accountant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: SHDEPHA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
Organisation: SHDEPHA+ KAHAMA
Project Name: USAID WAACHE WASOME
Reports to: Program Director
Duty Station: KARATU DC
Salary scale 650,000 tshs (gross salary)
SHDEPHA+ is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216. SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing and implementing its own projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
About WAACHE WASOME Project:
Waache Wasome’ is a five – year project (Dec 2016 – September 2020), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by World Education, Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) in Partnership with SHDEPHA+ at Karatu DC , The goal of the project is to increasing adolescent girls’ enrolment and retention in secondary school.
Job Summary: The Accountant will provide support in instituting accounting controls, recording and reporting of assets, liabilities and income and the monitoring of disbursements of donor funds in support of the program manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivables and control accounts, analysing and reconciling payable ledgers.
- Tasked with handling day to day accounting transactions
- In charge of the preparation of staff payroll and payment of staff salaries
- Responsible for preparation of monthly accounts to head office including updated QuickBooks database and supporting documents for all transactions.
- Tasked with the preparation and submission of monthly Statutory returns to relevant government Agencies (PAYE, NSSF and other taxes
- Quality assurance of budgets, payments, accounting, facilitation of auditing as well as financial risk management.
- Internal training and active support of programme staff to reinforce capacity of financial management in programmes.
- To be in charge of implementation of well-functioning support systems at the office in order to provide necessary and timely administrative support and procurement processes.
- To work independently with very minimal supervision, being proactive and dedication to work beyond normal hours when needed to do so.
- To participate in pursuing new donors and securing strong trust with existing donors.
- Prepare and present monthly expenditure analysis.
- Monthly financial report preparation and submission to WEI and shdepha
- Maintains internal accounting controls by following policies and procedures of the organization, complying with USAID and local financial legal requirements, prepare journal entries.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Project Accountant job placement must hold a Diploma /advanced diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with accounting/finance major from a recognized institution, or related field; a profession accounting qualification will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy i.e. experience in using QuickBooks
- Keen attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills
- Ability to prioritize, meets deadlines and work on multiple tasks
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join SHDEPHA+ are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Hand delivery is also acceptable
Deadline: 19th March 2019 by 5:00pm