Senior Specialist; Data Architect and Governance at NMB Bank Plc
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
NMB has initiated a program to define and implement a data management regime with a main focus on Data Governance in order to set a foundation for improved data quality and data governance.
The program entails designing and implementing data architecture, data models, data integration, reference and master data, data quality solutions, data governance structure, document and content management.
- Design and implement Enterprise’s Data Governance Strategy and Roadmap.
- Identify most critical business data assets and assign data owners, stewards and data custodians.
- Create data conceptual models and logical data models for each data asset; Establish data mapping to all the source systems tables and fields that store that data asset.
- Create Data Dictionary/Business Glossary where each data object will be defined and shared to all lines of business to ensure an enterprise wide data definition
- Design, create and maintain data architecture to support data quality, data stewardship, data integration, data migration, and system collaboration.
- Identify and develop policies, standards, rules and processes for each data asset.
- Develop control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any data flows and processes.
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure data integrity
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps
- Ensure all data policies, internal and external standards and all data quality related issues are logged in a single portal for transparency.
- Assess Data Impact on new Projects and change decisions
- Subject matter expert on implementation of data solutions.
- Comfort with ambiguity and experimentation; Innovative and creative
- Business analysis; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning, organization and documentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- An interest in multiple disciplines and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- Ability to act as a project “driver”, facilitating the achievement of required tasks
- Ability to work effectively within a team; Coaching, leading and motivating skills
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or relevant field.
- Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA DMBOK2) certification or equivalent – preferred.
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data governance, data architecture, data quality analysis, data management & analytics
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience in financial services especially in Banking