Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager at Amref
- Company: Amref
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa Tanzania is a leading public health organization that is committed to improving the health of people by collaborating with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems at various levels in Tanzania. Amref Health Africa is submitting a project proposal to USAID in response to the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Number: 72062I20RFA00005 for local institutions to activity Title:Tuberculosis and Family Planning Integrated Community Solutions Program (TB&FP LON).Specifically, this NOFO’s main intended outcomes are improved service delivery forTB and FP; strengthened linkages between communities and health facilities; better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens; improved health worker capacity; and greater self-reliance, as local Tanzanian organizations become directly responsible for addressing local development problems. In this regard, Amref Health Africa in Tanzania invites suitable applicants for the following position to be filled contingent to the organization winning the award.
|JOB TITLE||Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager|
|REPORTING TO||Chief of Party|
|PROJECT||USAID TB and Family Planning Integrated Community Solutions|
|PHYSICAL LOCATION||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
The Senior MEL Manager will oversee, implement and monitor all monitoring and evaluation activities for the project including supporting the community TB and FP M&E including data quality, use, and dissemination. He/She will collaborate with other technical staff in the project and advise the COP and
DCOP on the progress of implementation of the M&E activities in respective regions. Will also be responsible to report the agreed USAID indicators on regular basis to USAID Tanzania, MoHCDGECs departments such as NTLP, RCHS.
- Developing a strong MEL plan consistent with the donor’s results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality and completeness of data sets, contribute to the development of the program and document project performance against established outputs and indicators that will be submitted to USAID for approval
- Responsible in designing innovative and creative methods to capture, document, and report results required by the donor, while strengthening and using relevant national and district level reporting systems.
- Responsible in supporting data-driven decision-making to solve critical problems with guidance from GOTs and USG’s monitoring and evaluation systems
- Participate in setting high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines;
- Responsible for building the capacity of the regional M&E officers, data officers and other program staff in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized and information is shared.
- Develop a robust M&E approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use and technical assistance demand.
- Design and implement an M&E system that is capable of tracking and documenting the targets set for community TB and Family planning interventions and progress of the activities.
- Interact with USAID/Tanzania M&E teams on data reporting and all other project related M&E issues
- Ensure timely submission of major technical reports to USAID/Tanzania and other stakeholders.
- Foster strong partnerships and collaborations with the MOHCDGEC, LGAs, other local organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
- At least five years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research related to health development programs
- At least three years of experience with management of M&E systems for health initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in target setting and reporting against health development programs
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification
- Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on program performance and improvement
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems in developing country contexts
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; fluency in Swahili also required
- At least seven years of experience working in Tanzania.
Method of Application
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS March 23, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] Direct application through mail will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer however women and people with disability are encouraged to apply and has a non-smoking environment policy;
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.