Senior Engineer at Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Iringa Municipality for enhancing their health and quality of life.
In order to achieve the compact objectives, IRUWASA now seeks applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following positions below:-
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Water Supply Network Section.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Internal Audit Unit
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Chief Internal auditor in auditing the process and design of water network and sewerage network extensions and provide recommendation for optimal results.
- To review the design of treatment facilities, pumping stations, reservoirs, distribution and collection systems and confirm designs using modeling techniques.
- To review engineering reports, drawings and specifications for water and waste water projects including prepared technical specifications for goods.
- To review project financial proposals.
- To review water supply and waste water infrastructure and prepare summary report of findings regarding cost estimates for repair and maintenance of assets.
- To review the prepared operation and maintenance manual for both water supply and sanitation systems.
- To review facility start ups, operator training process and equipments troubleshoots.
- To review designs, drawings, cost estimates for repair and bills of quantities for both new developments and rehabilitation works and give recommendations.
- To review, cross-check and vet technical and financial proposals.
- To review the design and construction works to ensure that the designs and quality of works are in line with National and International Standards.
- To review periodic work sites inspections to determine adherence to project objectives, works standards, and safety practices.
- To conduct Value for Money Audit for projects under construction.
- To prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly review reports.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma qualifications in Civil and Water Resources, Civil and Structural, Environmental, Sanitation or Water Resources Engineering from a recognized Institution who has 3 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania.
- Computer competence in engineering packages will be an added advantages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Age between 30 and 45 years.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale : IWAS 8
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 24th October, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to:- The Managing Director, Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority, P.O. Box 570, IRINGA. NOTE: WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.