Sendy Jobs in Tanzania : Operations Associate
- Company: Sendy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. At Sendy, we are on a mission to solve this problem. We have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
The Operations Associate will be responsible for Partner identification, recruitment, training/onboarding, retention, and engagement. We are looking for a leader that can promote the Sendy brand through efficient Partners and grow Sendy into a leading regional courier business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Obsess about the customer
- Focus on the partners, champion and understand their needs and double up when they are delighted.
- Provide ‘voice of the partners’ to cross-functional teams, such as engineering, sales, marketing, growth, and support to grow partner retention (engagement, adoption, and expansion).
- Liaise with the Marketing department to ensure Sendy Partners are clean and well branded.
- Evaluate merchandise suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust in relationships.
- Ensure sufficient active Partner availability as well as set up a Partner pipeline across all vendor types.
- Management of Partner merchandise inventory.
- Provide support to partners – you’re willing to do whatever it takes to get a resolution.
- Identify key Partner issues and offering creative and effective solutions
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly targets set by management.
Continuously learn and simplify processes
- Continuously train drivers – Well trained drivers are the key to an excellent customer experience. You will look at ways of improving our driver training process
- Device ways of inventory supply and control procedures and analyze data to anticipate future needs.
- Strategize on ways of improving Sendy’s recruitment and training models.
- Partner recruitment, training, and onboarding.
- Monitor and assess Partner performance and metrics to ascertain the effectiveness of recruitment, training and onboarding process.
- Maintaining all Partner records.
- Your output is not only a pleasure for the partners, but for other members of the team to read and understand easily
- Ensure transparent communication with all our customers and team members from the terms of conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the Sendy team
- Partner Ratings
- Dispatch Ratings
- Active Partners
- Retention Rate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, google docs, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written – English & Kiswahili
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing major projects or initiatives
- Team player
- Ability to work without supervision
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people manager, with a collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Background in logistics