Sendy Jobs in Tanzania : Management Accountant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Sendy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. At Sendy, we are on a mission to solve this problem. We have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
This role entails overseeing the all accounting procedures, and project management of financial forecasts, budgets, audits, and assist senior management in analyzing and presenting key financial data.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Obsess about the customer
- Review Partner accounts for accuracy and prompt payments.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of cash, key general ledger accounts, and major customer accounts. Preemptively sort contested statements.
- Support on investor reporting metrics – prepare accurate, reliable monthly reports on the company’s financial performance for management/board meetings and issue financial analysis of the financial statements.
- Coordinate with Sales and Operations team to close new Merchant Agreements, Client Receivables, Partner payments, and Partner loans.
- Lead the annual audit.
Continuously learn and simplify processes
- Increase turnaround times on client invoicing.
- Post and review all invoiced income transactions and other non-cash transactions; post all bank transactions.
- Create internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets and resources.
- Implement new financial tools to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Streamline recurring monthly processes on postings, payroll, and taxes.
- Ensure transparent communication with all our customers and team members from the terms of conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the Sendy team
- Bachelor’s degree – Business Administration and/or Commerce – specializations in Finance or Accounting.
- Is a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- Experience with different accounting systems including Quickbooks and Xero
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.