Security Supervisor at Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
To command and control guards and guard posts for effective provision of security services at Mtibwa Sugar Estates.
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION: Risk Management – Mtibwa Estates Limited
REPORTS TO: Security Field Officer.
- The Supervisor is the interface between Security Management and guards, ensuring operational tasks and deployments are correctly implemented.
- Safeguarding of life and property
- Reduction of Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited exposure to loss
- Management of guards and guard posts
- Ensuring effective response to incidents
- Ensure effective deployment of guard shifts
- Identify and effect speedy replacement of shortages
- Application of operational procedures in accordance with the Operations Manual
- Liaise with Security Management to ensure effective deployment
- React to customer complaints and incident reports
- Maintain efficient and timely reporting
- Maintain discipline and morale
- Relay information, intelligence and guards’ concerns to Security Field Officer
ROLE & CONTEXT:
- Liaise with Security Field Officers to co-ordinate effective manning of all Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited locations.
- Attend weekly operations meeting
• Maintain operational procedures in accordance with operations manual
• Manage internal and external threats by managing security situations and directing resources as appropriate
• Write incident reports and complaint forms in accordance with operation manual
• Deal with Management complaints in a timely and courteous manner
• Provide observations and recommendations to Field Officers
• Ensure reports, OBs and returns are accurate and timely
• Supervisor Shift Summary
• Guard Check List and roster returns
• Fault Correction Forms
• Ensure that all incidents during the shift are reported and incident reports raised
• Visit posts in designated zones at least twice per 12 hour shifts
• Carry out site security surveys as required
• Maintain discipline in accordance with Company core values and disciplinary code
• Ensure personnel are briefed and equipped for forthcoming shift
• Ensure all posts are properly manned and deal with shortages
• Ensure uniform and equipment requirements are sufficient for operational delivery
• Ensure guards understand and are familiar with their post orders
• Assist Field Officers in nominating awards for good work
• Follow up cases with the Security investigator
CONSULTS WITH: Security Manager, Field Officers, Guards, Mobile Response Team
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS (processes and technology): Good experience of Warrior security guard operations.
- 2 years minimum experience as a guard desirable
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Working knowledge of local language and dialects
- Microsoft Word, Excel and email desirable
- Tact and diplomacy
- Firm disciplinary skills
- Good time management skills
- Highly motivated
- Fit and healthy
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Fixed term contract – As per contract of employment.
ETHICS: To communicate and uphold the Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited’s philosophy of maintaining the highest standards of honesty, openness and financial accountability.