Security Supervisor at Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited
- Company: Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
To command and control guards and guard posts for effective provision of security services at Mtibwa Sugar Estates.
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION: Risk Management – Mtibwa Estates Limited
REPORTS TO: Security Field Officer.
- The Supervisor is the interface between Security Management and guards, ensuring operational tasks and deployments are correctly implemented.
- Safeguarding of life and property
- Reduction of Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited exposure to loss
- Management of guards and guard posts
- Ensuring effective response to incidents
- Ensure effective deployment of guard shifts
- Identify and effect speedy replacement of shortages
- Application of operational procedures in accordance with the Operations Manual
- Liaise with Security Management to ensure effective deployment
- React to customer complaints and incident reports
- Maintain efficient and timely reporting
- Maintain discipline and morale
- Relay information, intelligence and guards’ concerns to Security Field Officer
ROLE & CONTEXT:
- Liaise with Security Field Officers to co-ordinate effective manning of all Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited locations.
- Attend weekly operations meeting
• Maintain operational procedures in accordance with operations manual
• Manage internal and external threats by managing security situations and directing resources as appropriate
• Write incident reports and complaint forms in accordance with operation manual
• Deal with Management complaints in a timely and courteous manner
• Provide observations and recommendations to Field Officers
• Ensure reports, OBs and returns are accurate and timely
• Supervisor Shift Summary
• Guard Check List and roster returns
• Fault Correction Forms
• Ensure that all incidents during the shift are reported and incident reports raised
• Visit posts in designated zones at least twice per 12 hour shifts
• Carry out site security surveys as required
• Maintain discipline in accordance with Company core values and disciplinary code
• Ensure personnel are briefed and equipped for forthcoming shift
• Ensure all posts are properly manned and deal with shortages
• Ensure uniform and equipment requirements are sufficient for operational delivery
• Ensure guards understand and are familiar with their post orders
• Assist Field Officers in nominating awards for good work
• Follow up cases with the Security investigator
CONSULTS WITH: Security Manager, Field Officers, Guards, Mobile Response Team
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS (processes and technology): Good experience of Warrior security guard operations.
- 2 years minimum experience as a guard desirable
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Working knowledge of local language and dialects
- Microsoft Word, Excel and email desirable
- Tact and diplomacy
- Firm disciplinary skills
- Good time management skills
- Highly motivated
- Fit and healthy
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Fixed term contract – As per contract of employment.
ETHICS: To communicate and uphold the Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited’s philosophy of maintaining the highest standards of honesty, openness and financial accountability.