Security Specialist III x2 at Compassion International
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
This career specialist plays a key role in carrying out all physical security aspects of Compassion’s domestic sites, protecting assets and staff as well as tenants and their assets. The specialist further participates in international security program planning and plays a key role in developing the corporate-wide security program, and developing protocols that ensure regulatory compliance. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts security projects independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international security initiatives. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Designs security protocols such as active shooter response, building evacuation, and other security / safety compliance programs. Monitors building use during business hours, after hours, weekends, holidays, and during special events. Ensures compliance with liability and legal and risk issues. Studies physical conditions, observes activities, and confers with the staff of organization to obtain data regarding internal operations.
- Leads and assists in developing security practices for the organization; identifies potential or existing security risks to the organization; researches and manages deployment of appropriate state of the art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard staff and ministry assets. Conducts safety and security inspections in the field for Compassion facilities and ICPs and implements security and safety practices and training.
- Serves as a leader in the response to emergency situations involving accidents, injury, hazardous materials, or fire and smoke incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations. Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsecure or unsafe conditions and actions. Evaluates individual risk issues and conducts employee consultations when such issues arise.
- Integrates with the Corporate Reception Desk and other departments to ensure that needs are being met appropriately and security is upheld for all employees, contractors, visitors, tour guests, volunteers, vendors, and all who contact and are visiting Compassion facilities. Supports the International Security Team with high level advice and consulting on global security issues.
- Leads the development and implementation of programs to welcome guests, to protect employees, to protect organizational information, and to protect the organization’s / employee’s property from theft, damage, violence, and situations that endanger the well-being of the organization, facilities.
- Accurately serves as a resource for guests and employees concerning ministry operations and functions. Directs inquiries through general knowledge of all departmental functions/structures. Maintains knowledge of organizational ideology, philosophy, manuals, and security regulations.
- Reports criminal information to authorities (as needed), works with law enforcement in the investigation of crimes against the organization, and testifies in court as necessary. Practices discretion and upholds confidentiality at all times.
- May coach and provide expertise to other security specialists and officers in the security discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the brand in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent knowledge of French – written, spoken and listening for West Africa Candidates
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security Management, Environmental Safety, military sciences or related discipline
- Experience working in security, law enforcement, military, peace keeping missions or similar position.
- Able to write reports and devise a security management plan
|Physical Demands||Must be able to lift or move 20kg.|
|Work environment||Office based|
|Travel Requirements||May be required to travel up to 60% of normal schedule|