Safari Operations Assistant at Asilia Lodges and Camps
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Asilia Lodges and Camps
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Tanzania
Asilia lodges and Camps ltd is seeking to recruit a well-qualified Tanzanian to fill the position of Safari Operations Assistant in Arusha office.
Founded in 2004, Asilia has a leading presence in the main safari destinations in Tanzania and Kenya as well as a driving role in a number of pioneering projects. Asilia’s ultimate goal is to turn
crucial and fragile natural habitats into lasting conservation economies, benefiting both the environment and local communities. At present the company owns and operates 20 lodges and
camps as well as a ground handling operation. Asilia is the first Sustainable Safari / Lodge Company in Africa to receive a 5 Star rating for Sustainability from GIIRS, was recognized as one
of the “Best Companies for the World” in 2013 and was awarded the 2014 Tourism for Tomorrow Business Award.
What we believe in
We believe that world class travel can go hand in hand with improving livelihoods and conservation of nature. Our luxury camps and lodges are in some of the most special places on earth. Places we want to safeguard for the future. We strive to transform whole areas, from crucial fragile natural habitats with often impoverished communities into lasting conservation economies: effectively protecting wildlife whilst providing opportunities for local people to prosper. Whichever department you work in your efforts will be crucial in achieving our conservation goal.
- Coordinate all guest movements and transfers coming in and out of Kilimanjaro/Arusha airport
- Allocate transfers to Asilia Transfer drivers
- Handling of the Duty phone
- Handling all the Managers and Directors booking in Arusha (accommodation, flights and transfers)
- Meeting guest at the airport when necessary
- Liaise with camp manager on arrivals, departures and delays
- Coordinate air freight of supplies between Arusha and the camps
- Administrative and other duties as requested by the Arusha office
- Booking and ground handling of all transfer
- Diploma in Tourism or any other related field
- Proven work experience (at least 2 years’ experience).
- Familiarity with Computer Applications and programs
- Able to work into mult-cultural environment
- Trustworthiness, to have a strong sense of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines to ensure work is completed within time.
- Clear communication skills ensuring flow of clear, timely and candid information.
- Independent worker – able to work well with minimal supervision and have a problem- solving attitude.
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems.
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 17th September 2019 to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered