Risk and Compliance Manager at China Dasheng Bank Ltd
- Company: China Dasheng Bank Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
China Dasheng Bank Ltd is a fully -fledged commercial bank approved by the central Bank of Tanzania. It is the first bank in Tanzania established jointly by Chinese state -owned and private companies. The Bank has one branch located at ground floor, extelecoms house. Samora Avenue.
Also, the Bank Head office is located at mezzanine floor, extelecoms house. Samora Avenue.
APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist management with integrating risk management v/ith the strategy development process.
• Take charge of risk detection, assessment and mitigation strategies ensuring that these aspects are embedded into the operations of the Bank
• Assist in developing risk mitigation strategies for the CDBL’s critical risks and for monitoring these risks.
• Coordinate the Development of Risk Management Program in accordance with Bank of Tanzania Risk management Guideline.
• Work with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
• Facilitates enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks across the CDBL.
• Implement appropriate risk reporting to the CEO. Management and Board of Directors.
• Ensures effective alignment between the CDBL process and internal audit and risk financing.
• Conducts risk management education and training from time to time
• Document risk assessment and supervise thresholds and initiate responses in case of warnings.
• Ensuring that the bank’s risk framework is in compliance with Bank of Tanzania guideline.
• Developing and establishing systems, policies and procedures to identify, control, manage and measure risk
• Develop risk assessment and measurement system.
• Develop risk tolerance limits for senior Management and board approval
• Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
• Develop, initiates, maintains, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
• Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
• Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
• Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
• Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
• Works with the Human Resources Division and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
• Monitoring the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
Required Education & Experience
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, economics. Finance or equivalent with not less than 3 years relevant working experience in a reputable firm.
Method of Application
- Typed letter of application hand-signed by the applicant.
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Name of at least two referees with complete contact details.
REMUNERATION Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate. Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer, China Dasheng Bank Ltd, P.O. Box 388, Dar es Salaam.
Physical Address: Mezanine Floor, Extelecoms House, Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam. Closing Date: Application should reach the Chief Executive Officer on or before 30th September, 2019. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.