Right To Play Jobs in Tanzania : Finance Assistant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to the Project Officer, The Finance has technical reporting lines to the Finance Manager. The incumbent is responsible for data entry, processing transactions in Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Accounts Receivable, reconciling Bank Accounts entries and official receipts booklet, compiling vendors’ tax files or payment and ensuring that all transactions and supporting documents are complete and properly filed. The candidate we are looking for deals with the Project Officer, Field Facilitators regarding business advances. He/she is expected to provide advice to implementing partners and stakeholders in this regard.
The Finance Assistant will be based in Morogoro Project Office
Job Responsibility #1: Accounting (85%)
• Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
• Ensures all documents are complete, with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
• Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and properly filed accordingly.
• Ensures that all payments are made on time.
• Follows up on the bank transactions to ensure all processed; files hard copies and generates reports.
• Posts all financial transactions into the RTP Daily Expenses Log (DEL).
• Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the Finance Manager.
• Accounts for all petty cash expenditures.
Job Responsibility #2 Administration and time sheets management (10%)
• Provides administrative support to the project team in the project location.
• Collects and submits timesheets to the FO.
• Maintains the database for timesheets collected.
Job Responsibility #3: Other Duties assigned (5%)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline.
3 years’ experience in accounting or directly related areas.
(C) COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
• Integrity and details focused
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
• Good analytical skill
(D) TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
• Good skill at using financial software applications
• Skilled in maintaining documentation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good knowledge of accounting practice, policies and procedures
Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili language (s).
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
• Previous work experience with an l/NGO
• Knowledge of DEL