Resources Management Officer (P3) at IOM
- Company: IOM
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Organization: IOM – International Organization for Migration
Location: Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
Grade: P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position – Mid level
Operations and Administrations
Closing Date: 2019-12-22
Position Title Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 December 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates: 1. Internal candidates
2. Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; El Salvador; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states. Context:
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director in EHA Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi, the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and in coordination with relevant units at Headquarters, the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama and the Regional Office for East African in Nairobi, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the budgetary, financial, human resource and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub offices as well as provide oversight of operations in Tanzania.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Page 1 / 51. Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in Tanzania including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission.
2. Prepare donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures and undertake review and analyses project receivables versus expenditure and make sure projects do not go deficits and initiate timely remedial action taken. 3. Forecast cash flows according to activities in the mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements. 4. Prepare annual budget for the mission, monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
5. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
6. Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
7. Review existing systems and procedures and, if necessary, recommend possible improvements to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation and control systems and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Assist COM in managing the human resources function and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion and separation of local staff. Interpret and apply HR polices, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases. 9. Supervise the mission’s administrative functions, including procurement and logistics services including contracts with suppliers for goods and services, recruitment, retention, promotion, separation and other related activities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
10. Liaise with other internal functional units of the mission as well banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function. Liase with relevant units at HQs with regards to the financial and administrative activities of the mission.
11. Ensure project managers comply with general instructions if ION and relevant permanent instructions for the mission, namely in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
12. Coordinate the security of the facilities and personnel training of security staff and coordination with the UN security cells, ensure that all staff reasonable measures are taken with regards to security of the office premises and equipment.
13. Participate and contribute to ONE-UN Operations Management Team meetings and working groups on HR, Procurement and Finance.
14. Provide administrative- Human Resource and financial oversight of the African Capacity Building Centre (ACBC) in Moshi.
15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Page 2 / 5Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution1 with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in administrative functions;
• Knowledge of human resource management;
• Knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable;
• Ability to supervise and direct staff and
• Work experience of movement management of IOM resettlement program particularly the US Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) required.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Kiswahili, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
•Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Page 3 / 5Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 09.12.2019 to 22.12.2019
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Method of Application
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 22 December 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.