Reporting Accounts Supervisor at Mkulazi Holding
- Company: Mkulazi Holding
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principal activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of Sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDPII) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Tanzania ya Viwanda) by the year 2025.
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LTD Vision is to become the largest integrated sugar company in East and Central Africa. Its Mission is to produce and supply quality sugar and related products consistently and efficiently in local and regional markets. The Company company’s core values includes; Professionalism, Team Work, Innovation and Priority to customers’ needs.
The company wishes to invite competent, experienced, qualified and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
Reporting Accounts Supervisor
Main Purpose of the job:
To ensure that all financial Reporting in the company is done in accordance with General acceptance reporting standards, such as IFRS, IAS and NBAA. Furthermore ensure the general ledger is properly maintained so as to allow proper classification of accounting transactions leading to preparation of fair financial statements.
- Must have a minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, finance Commerce or related fields;
- A postgraduate degree is an added advantage;
- Must be registered with NBAA as Certificated Public Accountant CPA (T), or similar qualifications accepted by NBAA;
- Must have at least Five (5) Years proven work experience as Accountant in Corporate;
- Demonstrates ability to proactively work independently;
- Demonstrate skills in the production and presentation of consolidated financial statements and in the preparation of payroll, sales, and property tax returns;
- Excellent qualifications in financial and cost accounting and analysis with a history of continuous improvement in cross-functional areas for both increased revenue and decreased expense;
- Must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Demonstrate ability to write period reports to the management and Board
- To ensure the chart of accounts and General Ledger are properly maintained;
- To ensure that all journals from various sub-ledgers are appropriately posted in the General Ledger;
- To ensure that revaluation of monetary assets and liabilities denominated in foreign currency is timely carried out;
- To ensure that new suppliers, customers and different accounts are properly created in accounting system;
- To ensure that all accounts are properly analysed and abnormal balances are cleared;
- To ensure financial statements of the company are timely and adequately prepared as per statutory requirements; and international reporting standard (FRS, NBAA, IAS etc)
- To update fixed asset register for all additions of property,plant and equipments in respect of asset description, coding location amounts etc;
- To effect asset transfer disposals/adjustments into accounting system;
- To run depreciation computation for all fixed assets / posted on monthly basis;
- To ensure fixed assets register agrees to respective general ledger balances;
- To prepare schedule for additional assets with all particulars including, location and identification numbers (code numbers) monthly;
- To participate in physical verification of fixed assets and thereof carrying out reconciliation of physically verified fixed assets against fixed assets register annually;
- To carry out impairment and review of useful life of property, plant and equipment;
- Review of Financial Regulations, Accounting Manual and Asset Management Policy.
- To ensure adequately end of year procedures are carried out.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below with the position applied written on the top of the envelope, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The deadline for all applications is 14 days after the first Advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salaries and other benefits are as per MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LTD Scheme of Service and Staff Regulations of 2019.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED, P.O BOX 1079, MOROGORO.
Deadine: 25, September 2019