Regional Technical Officer x2 at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Company: KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Closing date: 4 October 2019
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a fulltime: Regional Technical Officer (2positions) for the ASCENT Project
Duty Station: Arusha, Mwanza, Geita and Mbeya – Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
ASCENT Project Background:
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB) project, the new Unitaid-funded 3.5 year project that will implement digital adherence technology (DAT) interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies.
Purpose of the position
As a Regional Technical Officer, you will support the implementation of the ASCENT project activities in the region. You will provide first line technical support to the health facility in-charges and the first point of contact for regional health management team. You support the project with the planning and facilitating of all trainings and workshops.
Place in the organization
The Regional Technical Officer reports to the ASCENT Project Manager
As Regional Technical Officer you will:
- Support activities around the technical configuration and implementation of digital adherence technology in the region
- Support engagement with regional health system officials regarding service delivery, supply chain, ICT departments in the region
- Act as point of contact for districts, health facilities and fieldworkers, coordinating project support as needed in the region
- Provide first line technical support to health facility in-charges and fieldworkers (basic troubleshooting, escalation to Technical Coordinator as needed) in the region
- Plan and facilitate trainings and workshops in the region (including logistics)
- Conduct monthly district/facility visits to monitor and support technology implementation (includes travel to other project sites)
- Prepare reports on data collected via the adherence technology platform for the region
- Any other duties as assigned by the program manager
- Relevant degree in public health, project management, IT systems, or another related field
- Experience in implementing and/or use of digital technology solutions
- Knowledge on TB
- (Preferably) Experience working on health-related projects
- Affinity with digital technologies
- Experience providing technology support and/or background in IT
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders at local community, district, and regional levels.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Strong communicator to partners & stakeholders at all levels
- Strong computer skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Swahili
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Service-minded towards partners and stakeholders and with a flexible attitude
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
Method of Application
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, before October 4th 2019. Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applications that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration