Regional Technical Manager at FHI 360 – Tanzania
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in a position of a Regional Technical Manager in Ruvuma for USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone Project.
- Participate in development of and monitor regional technical work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program interventions; coordinate partner efforts in program implementation.
- Work with and provide technical leadership and support to relevant project staff in the regional and district offices for effective program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Provide overall supervision for all technical regional and district USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone project staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone project and its funders.
- Overall management and coordination of technical USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone project activities at the regional and district offices.
- Serve as the technical point of contact with regional and district stakeholders and coordinate and collaborate with all stakeholders and NGO partners at the region.
- With the assistance of the country and regional Boresha Afya M&E staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet reporting goals and requirements.
- With technical assistance from USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone project technical specialists, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Coordinate all technical capacity building activities for USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone project partners at the regional and district levels.
- Review periodic reports (technical narratives and data) submitted by all collaborating partners at the regional level and forward same to regional manager and managers’ facility and community integrated service delivery at USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone Project country office.
- Undertake regular technical supportive supervision, mentoring and monitoring visits to project sites as necessary.
- Ensure that all technical project assets and other resources are effectively managed.
- Collaborate with other IPs based in the region to coordinate project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD or similar degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 3 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the district or regional level working with public and NGO/CBO sectors. MPH an additional advantage.
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health and HIV/AIDS clinical and community programs funded by international donors.
- Extensive knowledge of health programming at regional and district level.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as national health policies and strategies, i.e. HSSP IV and national HIV Care and treatment guidance of NACP.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking policy dialogue with different stakeholders at regional and district level including community leadership.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection, gender issues, youth and reproductive health.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful technical implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with m-Health platforms and its use
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 50%.