Regional M&E Manager at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Company: Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centres for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project ‘Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is empowering the National Health Laboratory System (NHLS) in the country to achieve and monitor progress towards the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals.
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
LOCATION: Kigoma /M&E Technical Advisor Kigoma Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION: To provide strategic vision, management guidance, oversight and technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities required for HIV/AIDS care, PMTCT /EID, PICT, APSC, PSG, Index Testing, TEI and Laboratory programs, provide technical support in Data demand and use for management of public health evaluations as needed in collaboration with Ministry of Health through National AIDS Control Programme. .
• To provide technical assistance to health care facilities and districts in the region to implement paper based and electronic M&E systems for HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, EID, HTS, TB/HIV and related services including data management, data quality assurance, data summarization and analysis, and performance review
• To serve as a resource to the region in the evaluation of ongoing HIV/AIDS programs and data feedback to NACP, RHMT, CHMT, Health facilities and other key stakeholders
• To build the capacity of personnel in the region to better implement M&E systems
• To collaborate with regional partners implementing donor-funded HIV/AIDS activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting across program areas
To coordinate with CHMTs and RHMT to implement timely and regular reporting of key program indicators to NACP.
• The M&E
• Manager is responsible in coordinating program monitoring and reporting activities for Care and Treatment, Laboratory, TB/HIV and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT),
Prevention and Community programs.
• Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for all MDH supported programs
• Build capacity of site staff and council health management teams to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, entry, compilation and timely reporting at site level, district level and regional level.
• Contribute to development and implementation of the organization’s M&E framework including indicator mapping
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures for data collection, collation, verification and use at each level of the health information system.
• Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports within described deadlines
• Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management and evaluation.
• Lead the preparation of M&E based quarterly feedback reports to the sub grantees to district partners, and Ministry of Health partners.
• Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data
management at individual sites focusing in different supported program areas
• Liaising with the Evaluation and Research unit in identifying areas for operational research.
• Writing and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices
• Oversee timely site and district level target distribution and monitor and report monthly on target performance to program team and senior management team
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A degree in Computer Science, Demography, Epidemiology, Statistics or equivalent. Master’s
in public health or Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography or public Health (MPH) will be an
• Previous M&E experience in HIV related interventions.
• Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc is very essential • Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages
(Word, Excel & power point, and Access). • Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team