Regional Administrative and Logistic Coordinator at Medecins du Monde
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Medecins du Monde
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: The Regional Administrative and Logistic Coordinator
Location: Dar es salaam
The Regional Administrative and Logistic Coordinator is responsible for the Financial (the accounting, the budget follow-up), Logistics and HR management for the Tanzanian-Kenyan mission.
I. Context of intervention
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
III. Hierarchical & Functional links
The Regional Administrative & Logistics Coordinator is put under the responsibility of the Regional General Coordinator. S/he manages directly the administrative and logistic team (4 national staff) in Dar Es Salam and Nairobi..
II. Essential duties
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Regional General Coordinator, The Regional Administrative and Logistic Coordinator is responsible for the Financial (the accounting, the budget follow-up…), Logistics and HR management for the Tanzanian-Kenyan mission. Together with the Regional General Coordinator, will ensure compliance with the local legal frameworks.
The Regional Administrative and Logistic Coordinator will be the direct line manager of an Administrative Officer and a Logistics Officer in Tanzania and a Deputy Administrative Coordinator and a Logistics Officer in Kenya.
He/she ensures frequents controls in order to avoid, identify and correct any HR and Financial mismanagement or abuse.
• Ensures compliance with the formalities required by the government agencies and other local authorities, in Tanzania and Kenya in due time (ie registration of MdM, respect of labour law, legal monitoring, taxes compliance, work permits & residencies legal framework etc.);
• Prepares the various contracts for Human Resources (ie work contract, insurance, medical cover, etc.) and reviews the contracts established by other departments (i.ee logistics);
• Ensures correct monitoring and archiving of all documents- internal procedures and rules, contractual documents (work and rental contracts for instance, MoU…).
• Liaise with local lawyers for legal issues.
• Is responsible for the accounting & finance procedures in Dar Es Salam and Nairobi offices and Harm Reduction projects in Dar Es Salam and Nairobi and ensures compliance with the MdM HQ policies and national regulations;
• supports the Project Coordinators in administrative, accounting and financial issues;
• is responsible for the management of bank accounts and cash holdings (weekly cash advance, enough cash in safe, cash control, payment of utilities, etc) in Dar Es Salam and in Nairobi;
• Has the responsibility for the safety of funds and cash management
• Supervises and controls the compiled fund request to HQ according to MdM HQ agenda. Accountancy (use of SAGA)
• Supervise accountancy process on both Tanzania and Kenya mission in accordance with MDM procedures and agenda
• Oversees the check of all receipts and invoices related to month-end accountancy sent by the Administrative Officers
• Finalizes and sends the month-end accountancy (SAGA soft copy and hard copies) to HQ before the 10th of the month and supervises correct archiving.
• Ensures the monthly internal audit of accounts before they are sent to HQ
• Validates the annual audits for the Kenyan and Tanzanian audits.
• Conductsfrequent controls on cash management;
• Key participation in the budget preparation for new projects, in the annual budget exercise and for the mid-year revised budget exercise in coordination with all departments);
• Update monthly the budget follow-up and forecast for the mission’s annual budgets and donors’ budget in coordination with other departments
• Ensures efficient allocation of expenses in compliance with MdM’s and donor’s requirements.
• Analyse the differences between the Mission Budget and actual expenses and alerts on variations;
• Under the supervision of General Coordinator consolidates the forecast for the annual budget
3. Funding & donors
• Prepare the financial part of project proposals, amendments and reports for the donors.
• Ensures appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors;
• Ensures the donor’s guidelines and rules are respected and documents are correctly and timely filed
• Coordinates and organize donor’s audit at mission’s level; liaises with auditors
4. Human Resources Management
• Administrative management of the national staff in Dar Es Salam and Nairobi:
• Is responsible for the application of the recruitment procedure within both offices;
• Supervises the diffusion of job advertisements, and pre-selection of the applicants in compliance with the national legislation and regulations;
• Supervises the establishment of the monthly pay slips and the payment of the taxes;
• Participates on the inductions of all new employees within MdM mission in Dar Es Salam and in Nairobi;
• Ensures the compliance with national legislation concerning the national staff (administrative formalities associated with employment, work contracts, etc.);
• Ensures the personal files are updated and contain all required and relevant information.
• Revises the salary grid on a yearly basis, after validation from MdM HQ and the General Coordinator;
• Prepares the training agenda and plan for the Coordination team and for HQ;
Administrative management of the expatriate staff:
• Ensures the compliance with the national legislation concerning the expatriate staff (visas, work permits, income tax…) and their registration (local authorities, embassies…);
• Follows-up on visa and flight tickets renewal dates;
• Makes arrival briefings about the administrative and contractual aspects.
5. Other responsibilities
• Monthly admin/logistic report.
• Dissemination of relevant legal and administrative rules among the team
• Updates the finance and administrative guidelines. Ensure they are known to the staff and respected.
6. Partners related activities
• Regularly assesses the capacity of MdM partners in administrative, finance and logistics issues, participating in developing partner’s capacities.
• Develop capacities of partners support teams ensuring high-quality approaches are established and maintained.
• Ensure that systems are in place to support effective project compliance and positive audit results, and that staff understands this system and follow it accordingly.
• Understanding the partner’s priorities and requirements and ensuring that advice, support and training materials are available and accessible to their staff.
• Ensure an effective and regular coordination with the Partners Support Departments, leading support coordination meeting and ad hoc meeting on specific thematic;
7. Logistics management
With the support of the HQ logistic department:
• Guarantees that the procurement procedures are done in line with MdM and donors’ guidelines and policies;
• Supervises the planning of all logistics activities with the logistician assistants in Dar Es Salam and Nairobi.
With the support of the logistician assistant:
• Supervises the following activities are performed:
• Good and regularly maintenance of the program office and vehicles
• Coordination of transport of staff and goods according to the need of the program
• Efficient communication system
• Coordination of purchases
• Stock management
• Maintenance and rehabilitation of the buildings
• supervises the good filling of the monthly log report and send it to the log referent at HQ;
• implements process/policies, rules and logistical tools together with HQ
• sets procedures of management for IT (computers) and communication (internet & telephone) and trains the staff to use it;;
• Experience in a similar position (experiences as Log manager and/or Admin Manager will also be valued)
• Experience in legal compliance for expatriates (work permit, residency…) desirable
• Experience in legal compliance with INGOs legal status and registration issues.
• Experience in Human Resources (policy tools and management)
• Experience in remote management would be a plus.
• Knowledge of the labour law and HR management
• Excellent skills in finances and taxes calculation and follow up.
• Excellent computer skills (especially Excel)
• Excellent skills in financial reporting
• Capacity and willingness to train and enhance the capacity of other staff and partners
• Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
• Good ability to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context
• Good communication and problem-solving skills
Personal skills required:
• Strong professional ethics
• Organizational skills, rigor
• Ability to classify and to manage priorities
• Knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management
• Legal experience or knowledge of Labour Law
• Good knowledge of international donors
• Knowledge of SAGA would be a real asset
• Knowledge of budget follow up and forecast would be a real asset
• Master’s in business administration, Finance, Accountancy (Chartered Certified Accountant) or equivalent)
• Broad experience in similar position in international environment could be considered equivalent.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s in business administration
Job Experience Requirements: 5 Years
How to Apply
Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Qualified candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter by email, quoting the position in the subject line [email protected]. Questions can be addressed to the same email address. Furthermore, applications should include three work-related referees who are supervisors and day-time telephone numbers. The application deadline is on 19th August 2019 at Office opening hours (08:30 AM). Only candidates who meet qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted. Only Tanzanian nationals or persons with Tanzanian work permits will be considered. We encourage gender equity and diversity in our program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, or national origin..