RAFIKI Social Development Organization Jobs in Tanzania : Project Manager
- Company: RAFIKI Social Development Organization
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
The Project Manager will oversee the implementation of the project activities. In the implementation of Waache Wasome project Manager will provide oversight to all project intervention including livelihood, improvement for mothers caregivers of Adolescents ( LIMCA) ,parenting and POY (Protect our youth ) activities, and School Related Gender Based Violence (Lunch & Learn).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in close collaboration with Local Government Authorities (LGAs), Lower Level Government (LLG) and Community Volunteers (EEVs, Patrons/Matrons) to support adolescent girls, Young Women’s and their families.
• Work with communities, WEO’s, CDO’s and village level leaders to mobilize Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLAs).
• Work with communities and district council to identify adolescent girls and young mothers who have dropped out of secondary school for various reasons and provide them alternative education pathways.
• Work with public secondary school administration to establish and support Protect our Youth (POY) clubs to build the knowledge, agency and protective assets of adolescent girls.
• Work with public secondary school administration to strengthen Subject Clubs placing emphasis on Science and Mathematics to improve academic performance
• Work in close collaboration with LGAs staff and school administration to orient secondary school teachers in School-Related Gender-Based Violence (SRGBV) to be able to prevent and respond to SRGBV.
• Work in close collaboration with LGAs, Institute of Adult Education at district level and approved district/ward level vocational training centers (VTC) to provide alternative education pathways to adolescent girls and young women who have dropped out of secondary school for various reasons.
• Leverage and mobilize community resources to complement resources from Waache Wasome.
• Meet rigorous monitoring and evaluation requirements that support national data management systems.
PROJECT AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
• Work closely with the Executive Director to lead and direct technical and administrative project team.
• Allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget
• Execute and monitor project activities.
• Manage changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work.
• Coordinate priorities and resources of the projects activities
• Prepare and update project plans and status reports.
• Coordinate cross-functional meetings of personnel related to project.
• Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any Monitoring and Evaluation
• Liase with M&E officer to ensure data quality assurance
• Report status, develop project-related documentation and implement lessons learned.
• Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions.
• Review compiled monthly and quarterly report from project staff and submit to Executive
• Performance other duties as assigned by supervise
• Work with the M&E officer to review the progress of indicators and make appropriate decisions
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English Language
Method of Application
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment and copy of educational certificates. Please send the application to our office in Mara region, Machinjioni Street, Mutex areas or via Postal address. Send your application to: Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 177, MUSOMA. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz