RAFIKI Social Development Organization Jobs in Tanzania : Project Accountant
- Company: RAFIKI Social Development Organization
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The project accountant is responsible for providing financial, administration support to Rafiki-SDO office under Waache Wasome project to ensure the smooth running of the office in (region). This includes handling day to day financial operations of the (region) office, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash handling, payments, asset and inventory management, and compliance to Rafiki-SDO and donor financial policies. Implements and maintains an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Rafiki-SDO financial operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in monitoring expenditure trends.
• Prepares payments in accordance with financial regulations and approved budget.
• Assists in maintaining non-current assets register.
• Assists in preparing periodic financial reports.
• Prepares payments vouchers in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures.
• Keeps accounting records related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
• Oversee the financial operation of the organization to ensure timely, accurate financial report and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements and ledgers.
• Preparing staff contracts and maintain donor agreements
• Manage financial control, prepare and analyses budgets, develop financial reports and make recommendation to the organization and budget expenditure.
• Obtain approvals from the director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
• Monitor the expenditure to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
• Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost –effective management.
• Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
• Oversee the financial audits for a respective project of the organization.
• Ensure timely preparation of financial retirement with all necessary source of evidence to be shared with Account with focus on every incurred expense during project implementation
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• The project accountant must have at least a Degree in finance or a related field.
• Minimum of Three (3) year relevant experience in finance or accounting
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
• Able to effectively communicate with senior management, third party vendors, technical staff, as well as non-finance staff
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English Language
Method of Application
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment and copy of educational certificates. Please send the application to our office in Mara region, Machinjioni Street, Mutex areas or via Postal address. Send your application to: Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 177, MUSOMA. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz