Pyrethrum Company Of Tanzania Ltd Job Vacancy : QC Chemist
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pyrethrum Company Of Tanzania Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PCT owns and operates a pyrethrum processing factory in Mafinga, Mufindi District- Tringa region, Tanzania. PCT is seeking to fill the position of QC Chemist.
The primary purpose: Efficiently and accurately analyze raw materials and in-process and final products to ensure that products meet production, business and customer requirements. Work responsibilities include round the clock and weekend coverage. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Perform analysis on raw material, production, shipping and developmental samples using approved and standard methods. -Experience and capability to operate a variety of laboratory analytical test equipment like HPLC, UV-Vis Spectrometry etc.,
including set up and calibration along with the capability of using statistical programs to evaluate results.
• Maintain accurate records of all QC data using available software packages, batch cards, notebooks, reports and
checklists necessary for the specific type of data being recorded.
• Collect and maintain product samples, properly labeled, sorted and stored for all lots in process and final acceptance,
single or compilation sample for required retention period -Participate in continuous improvement activities for lab, lab-plant interactions, and production processes; including recommending procedure changes, documenting non-conformance incidents for root cause investigations, and actively learning and reviewing test methods and laboratory protocols.
• Maintain the laboratory in safe, organized, neat, well stocked, functional condition, including cleaning up work areas, submitting purchase requests for depleted items, prepare replacement stock solutions, maintaining method calibrations, monitoring lab chemical and reagent shelf life and repairing or notifying others of malfunctioning equipment.
• Check and maintain the calibration of lab equipment
• Be able to troubleshoot basic problems related to test results and/or product flow Develop and validate new assay methods as well as design protocols and create study reports.
• Ensure full compliance and registration of the Laboratory and factory as required by applicable regulations.
• Ensure QC personnel understand job expectations, performance metrics and safety requirements for the Laboratory and
Other duties or special projects may be assigned.
• BSc/MSc in Chemistry preferably with a bias in Industrial Chemistry or BSc/MSc in Chemical and Process Engineering or
related discipline. Knowledge on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) will be an added advantage.
Specialized or Technical knowledge:
• Background in Analytical Chemistry with emphasis on routine testing and method development and validation preferably in a regulated industry.
• Strong practical knowledge of Chromatography, Spectroscopy, Particle Size Distribution and wet chemistry.
• Solid computer skills
• Minimum Required: 3 years agro-processing or chemical industry experience a must.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume in English, including your salary expectations, to Human Resources Manager. Email: [email protected] · Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged reception of their applications.