Pyrethrum Company Of Tanzania Ltd Job Vacancy : Laboratory Technician (2)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pyrethrum Company Of Tanzania Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
PCT owns and operates a pyrethrum processing factory in Mafinga, Mufindi District-Iringa region, Tanzania.
PCT is seeking to fill the position of Laboratory Technician.
The primary purpose:
The primary purpose is to perform laboratory tests, reviewing the accuracy of testing results and initiating investigation, reagent preparation and proper handling of chemicals.
• Making sure that all QC practices/procedures are followed in all analytical work
• Reviewing the accuracy of testing results and initiating investigations when results do not conform to specifications.
• Sampling and preparation of pyrethrum flower samples and other samples using the approved procedures,
• Perform laboratory tests using Standard Operating Procedures to produce reliable and precise data.
• Carrying out calibration of equipment according to schedules and record results on appropriate log books.
• Making sure all equipment is kept clean at all times.
• Be Proper handling of chemicals and making sure chemicals and reagents are stored properly.
• Preparation and labeling of reagents and standard solutions and making sure expired chemicals and reagents are not used in analytical work.
• Supervising junior staff when necessary by making sure they follow instructions as per established SOPs.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices in the laboratory while adhering to correct health and safety guidelines
• Perform and other duties as may be assigned by the Quality Control Manager or Process Chemist,
• Diploma in Laboratory Science and Technology from any reputable Institution.
• Basic Chemical process overview
• Minimum Required: 1 year agro-processing or chemical industry experience preferred.
Specialized skills/knowledge needed for the job
• Ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
• Communicating clearly, both verbally and in writing, in order to create a clear and communicative environment with
co-workers in the laboratory; o being able to read and write technical reports; and Analytical and critical-thinking skill:
• Being precise and accurate in their analyses, since errors could invalidate results. Organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to details:
• carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies in performing analyses;