Pyrethrum Company Of Tanzania Ltd Job Vacancy : Laboratory Technician (2)
- Company: Pyrethrum Company Of Tanzania Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
PCT owns and operates a pyrethrum processing factory in Mafinga, Mufindi District-Iringa region, Tanzania.
PCT is seeking to fill the position of Laboratory Technician.
The primary purpose:
The primary purpose is to perform laboratory tests, reviewing the accuracy of testing results and initiating investigation, reagent preparation and proper handling of chemicals.
• Making sure that all QC practices/procedures are followed in all analytical work
• Reviewing the accuracy of testing results and initiating investigations when results do not conform to specifications.
• Sampling and preparation of pyrethrum flower samples and other samples using the approved procedures,
• Perform laboratory tests using Standard Operating Procedures to produce reliable and precise data.
• Carrying out calibration of equipment according to schedules and record results on appropriate log books.
• Making sure all equipment is kept clean at all times.
• Be Proper handling of chemicals and making sure chemicals and reagents are stored properly.
• Preparation and labeling of reagents and standard solutions and making sure expired chemicals and reagents are not used in analytical work.
• Supervising junior staff when necessary by making sure they follow instructions as per established SOPs.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices in the laboratory while adhering to correct health and safety guidelines
• Perform and other duties as may be assigned by the Quality Control Manager or Process Chemist,
• Diploma in Laboratory Science and Technology from any reputable Institution.
• Basic Chemical process overview
• Minimum Required: 1 year agro-processing or chemical industry experience preferred.
Specialized skills/knowledge needed for the job
• Ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
• Communicating clearly, both verbally and in writing, in order to create a clear and communicative environment with
co-workers in the laboratory; o being able to read and write technical reports; and Analytical and critical-thinking skill:
• Being precise and accurate in their analyses, since errors could invalidate results. Organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to details:
• carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies in performing analyses;