PUMA Energy Tanzania Job Vacancy : Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: PUMA Energy Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
PUMA Energy Tanzania is a subsidiary of PUMA Energy International, a vertically integrated midstream and downstream Intercontinental Oil company operating in 49 countries worldwide including Africa, Latin America, North East Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The Group employs more than 9,000 people across five continents. PUMA Energy is committed to continually serve the Nation with quality products and services through environmentally friendly and safe practices. PUMA Energy Tanzania Ltd is now seeking suitably qualified candidate to join its family in Tanzania as Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Puma Job Title: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Country Operations Manager
Location: Head Office, Dar Es Salaam
• To provide an effective and efficient Project Management and Capital Expenditure process, interpreting user need and marketing concepts and translating into functional requirement to give the business competitive advantage through project formulation, contractor selection, cost and time management
• To lead the Maintenance function to achieve maximum equipment availability and reliability, at minimal cost. Position manages the planning, scheduling and preventative maintenance programs.
• Coordinating design consultants, engineers, and quantity Surveyors with compilation of design layout of project to ensure conformity with Puma standard of quality, design, and safety.
• Appointing necessary contractors to perform Puma specific requirements on projects and to ensure their cooperation in working with local authorities and other contractors.
• Carrying out safety induction meeting with contractors before commencing work and follow up adherence to the safety guidelines
• Monitoring expenditure of sanctioned items against budget and to compile monthly reports on such expenditure
• Obtaining competitive quotations for work done by engineering contractors and for items to be supplied for the work.
• Ensures the establishment of suitable lists of potential bidders in accordance with vendor management policies and procedures
• Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
• Coordinating engineering manpower plans and training to meet the engineering skills and knowledge requirements of Puma Tanzania Under instruction from the Operations Manager,
• prepares Scope of works for approved work programs ensuring that all relevant regulations, especially those governing the safety and health of personnel, are complied with.
• Ensure that the Project Engineer and Maintenance Engineer submit all deliverables on time and check it regularly.
• Checks and approves, engineering deliverables received from Project Engineer, Maintenance Engineer and third parties
• Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with the established individual job/task procedures in strict compliance with the safety regulations and procedures contained therein
• Liaising with local authorities in respect of fit for purpose legislation and regulation Leading and controlling of the Engineering and Maintenance team Introduction, measuring and controlling the Engineering Core Offer
Requirements: Skills, Competencies, qualifications required:
Educational Background, Technical and Professional skills
• Graduate Engineer with Professional Engineering and/or Maintenance certification
• Solid knowledge and experience in Project and Maintenance Management
• At least 8 years’ experience in construction/Petroleum Industry including supervision of contractors
• Ability to identify and perform basic cost analysis to determine profitability of doing business with customers
• Ability to identify concerns in the engineering function and improves existing standards & levels of service
• Ability to manage performance of self, business and others within agreed limits
• Ability to solve complex problems where requirements are not always clearly defined
• Effective cost control with skillful application of available funds and high standard of resource allocation and utilization
• Able to plan and execute major site construction projects involving complex engineering and environmental problems Understand laws, regulations and legislation sufficiently well to protect Puma interests Strong troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of procurement practices as relates to procurement of technical services
• Ability to apply conceptual project development principles through to project sanction; able to provide technical, costing and schedule definition/direction for projects to allow evaluation of project economics
• Ability to maintain a high level of credibility and integrity
• Able to meet frequent deadlines by good time management and deal with conflicting demands and properties where regular pressure is a feature of the job
• Strong team-player Ability to generate new ideas and transferring them into the wider context
• Strong influencing and persuading skills Sound decision making ability Good networking skills
How to Apply
Applicants can email their application through [email protected] or physically submit their application not later than 15th February, 2019 at 16:00 hours addressing their application to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER PUMA ENERGY TANZANIA LTD BANDARI ROAD KURASINI PO BOX 9043, DAR ES SALAAM
The company will conduct primary screening of submitted applications then the qualified candidates will be contacted for interview
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, tribe, belief, disability, gender or any other status protected by the laws of Tanzania