PUMA Energy Tanzania Job Vacancy : Aviation Operations Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: PUMA Energy Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PUMA Energy Tanzania is a subsidiary of PUMA Energy International, a vertically integrated midstream and downstream Intercontinental Oil company operating in 49 countries worldwide including Africa, Latin America, North East Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The Group employs more than 9,000 people across five continents. PUMA Energy is committed to continually serve the Nation with quality products and services through environmental friendly and safe practices. PUMA Energy Tanzania Ltd is now seeking suitably qualified candidate to join its family in Tanzania as
Aviation Operations Manager
Puma Job Title: Aviation Operations Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Head Office, Dar Es Salaam
Responsible for the Complete Technical, Operational and Product quality requirements at a country level at al airport depots and oversight of product quality at midstream terminals that handle aviation fuels.
• To develop functional Leadership capability at country level to meet future Operational requirements and to provide Technical support in Country
• To work in partnership with country commercial teams to maximize value derived from Aviation operations and to deliver HSE and Operational Excellence at country level.
• Assurance of Standards and Procedures for compliance to International, Country Legislative and
• Company Expectations. Effective Operations and Capital Costs Management
• To ensure that product quality and operational requirements included in the Puma Aviation Manuals and JIG standards are rolled out at all drum filling locations, airport depots and midstream terminals that handle Aviation Fuels.
• To ensure that there are appropriate systems in place to Manage the Product Quality throughout the distribution chain and are trained “Product quality Inspectors “within country to handle the product quality control requirements and associated documentations. Has decision rights on Aviation fuel quality throughout the country
• Has responsibility for PUMA license to operate in Country at airport depots.
• Management of in country operations through reporting on Capital and Operations Expenditures, Accidents, incidents, inventory control and KPI’s.
• To perform routine visits to airport depots and midstream terminals and laboratories in order to have direct contact with personnel and to detect any possible unreported deviation to standard and to ensure correct procedures are being observed.
• Ensure that airport depots observe local airport regulations to ensure that the license to operate remains intact.
• Thorough application of Management of Change process.
• The country operations manager optimizes the performance of the operations through guiding the efforts of teams to focus on improving the abilities of field staff, finding root causes and to problems and implementing system wide improvements and organizing the contributions of others to achieve superior customer service.
• Incident prevention, investigation and reporting are a key role.
• To ensure, in conjunction with the Regional Aviation operations manager, that JV core principles are implemented at JV locations.
• Represents the company at JV board meetings.
• To ensure that the operating standards and procedures in the JV take cognizance of Puma requirements.
• Where possible, to influence the JV board to implement Puma HSSE standards.
• To manage airport depot managers in country in terms of development and training.
• To participate in people related processes within country.
• To develop, implement and control the reporting systems in country.
• Set high personal standards and lead by examples.
• Ensure that airport depots are adequately staffed to support airport operations in accordance with the manuals.
• Manage Industrial relations and disciplinary procedures in accordance with company procedures.
• Demonstrate commitment to building a motivated workforce. To take an active interest in all staff wellbeing to ensure they are physically and mentally fit to carry out their duties and if they are not then seek out ways of facilitating a recovery
Fixed & Mobile Aviation Equipment
Standards and Engineering Assurance:
• Accountable for the maintenance of all equipment in the depot. This includes ensuring that there are appropriate site specific preventative maintenance schedules / programs are in place and that equipment are maintained in accordance with the manufacturers specifications.
• Accountable for ensuring that there are sufficient spare parts and critical spares for continuity of operation are available and correctly stored and that replenishment orders are made timeously.
• To provide operational and quality assurance through inspection of airport depots, midstream terminals and refineries that handle aviation fuels in the country supply chain.
• To identify gaps and recommend the implementation of appropriate remedial action to mitigate risk.
• To inspect laboratories that conduct aviation fuels testing within the country to ensure compliance
• To ensure that the document management system for quality assurance is operational and up to date and operational.
• To assist with the close out of recommendations arising from previous audits including Aviation JIG & IFQP audits and Puma internal audits
• To ensure that product levels at al locations are maintained at a satisfactory level to accommodate customer requirements and to ensure that loss / gain performance is within acceptable limits.
• To liaise with country supply and logistics managers to ensure that the supply chain is free of disruption to prevent stock out or fuel rationing at airports HSSE:
• To ensure that all puma operated aviation depots conform to and apply the Puma SAPS management system in addition to the aviation specific operating management system, quality control and safety requirements.
• To ensure that accident and incident reporting is captured in “Safeguard” and in addition, reported in accordance with the Aviation Operations and Quality manuals.
• To ensure that the Puma emergency procedures are implemented at all airport depots.
• Manage, in consultation with the appropriate country business managers, all operational and capital budgets planning and expenditure.
• Approve purchases of new equipment, / services and coordinate and supervise investment budgets and capital expenditure according to the Puma DOA.
• To provide a support service to ensure that the necessary training and guidance is provided to each depot so that product receipt, storage and into-plane deliveries are performed in accordance with Puma Aviation Standards.
• To ensure that the Puma Aviation training manual is implemented and that task procedures and the required confirmation of training documents have been signed off by bother trainer and trainee.
• To assist in regional projects at the direction of the Regional Aviation manager Manage and assist in the negotiation of in Country concession agreements with Airport and Civil Aviation Authorities.
• Minimum of 8+ years of proven and progressive experience
• Must have degree in Mechanical engineering, Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Processing
• Experience in contractor management and EPC contracting Engineering project management. Oil and Gas Airport depot operations Fuel hydrant systems Into-plane fueling operations HSE systems.
• Managerial experience in pre-airport and airport depot / JV operations.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Powerpoint and Excel.
• Knowledge of safety standards and aviation operating procedures and standards
• Project management to manage and execute projects on time and within budget
• Successful track record in achieving tasks and managing people
• Communications and Negotiation skills
• Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities on timelines
• Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
• A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading Value for money approach Team building abilities.
• Strong initiative and independence
• Flexible and pragmatic Good leadership, communication and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Applicants can email their application through [email protected] or physically submit their application not later than 15th February 2019 at 16:00 addressing their application to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER PUMA ENERGY TANZANIA LTD BANDARI ROAD KURASINI P.O BOX 9043, DAR ES SALAAM The company will conduct primary screening of submitted applications then the qualified candidates will be contacted for interview We are committed to equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, tribe, belief, disability, gender or any other status protected by the laws of Tanzania APPLY TO: [email protected] BEFORE 15th February 2019 at 16:00