Publishing House Jobs in Tanzania : Managing Director
- Company: Publishing House
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
A leading publishing house with several newspapers, is looking for a dynamic Tanzanian citizen to fill the post of Managing Director. The Managing Director shall be responsible for the company as dictated by the board’s overall strategy. He/She shall report to the Board of Directors.
• Preparing and implementing strategic goals for the Company’s revenue targets, customer accounts and publishing standards.
• Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales profitability and business goals.
• Review the performance of the Company’s profit and make quarterly reports to the Board.
• Developing and executing company business strategies. Providing strategic advice to the Board of Directors.
• Formulating and implementing company policies.
• Ensure Company policies and legal guidelines are communicated and followed by all Employees at all times.
• Maximize staff potential by developing and implementing a performance culture for the Company
• Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by the management and other employees.
To control and oversee all business operations of a publishing house of gathering news, printing newspapers and distributing newspapers, and looking for advertisements to ensure that the company sustains itself financially as a business entity:
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. His/her role is to ensure that the Company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives. The candidate should be able to analyse problematic situations and provide solutions.:
• Proven experience of at least 5 years, in senior management position.
• Demonstratable experience in developing strategic plans.
• Excellent understanding of Finance and a good commercial sense to run the business profitably.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• A strong academic background with a bias in Marketing and Management.
• Knowledge of the media industry will be an added advantage.
An attractive package awaits the right candidate