Publishing House Jobs in Tanzania : Managing Director
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Publishing House
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
A leading publishing house with several newspapers, is looking for a dynamic Tanzanian citizen to fill the post of Managing Director. The Managing Director shall be responsible for the company as dictated by the board’s overall strategy. He/She shall report to the Board of Directors.
• Preparing and implementing strategic goals for the Company’s revenue targets, customer accounts and publishing standards.
• Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales profitability and business goals.
• Review the performance of the Company’s profit and make quarterly reports to the Board.
• Developing and executing company business strategies. Providing strategic advice to the Board of Directors.
• Formulating and implementing company policies.
• Ensure Company policies and legal guidelines are communicated and followed by all Employees at all times.
• Maximize staff potential by developing and implementing a performance culture for the Company
• Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by the management and other employees.
To control and oversee all business operations of a publishing house of gathering news, printing newspapers and distributing newspapers, and looking for advertisements to ensure that the company sustains itself financially as a business entity:
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. His/her role is to ensure that the Company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives. The candidate should be able to analyse problematic situations and provide solutions.:
• Proven experience of at least 5 years, in senior management position.
• Demonstratable experience in developing strategic plans.
• Excellent understanding of Finance and a good commercial sense to run the business profitably.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• A strong academic background with a bias in Marketing and Management.
• Knowledge of the media industry will be an added advantage.
An attractive package awaits the right candidate