Public Health (PH) Community Engagement Officer at Oxfam Tanzania
- Company: Oxfam Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Oxfam in Tanzania envisions empowered citizens with reduced poverty, reduced inequality and injustice with especially women and young people having access to resources and a good quality of life. We want to see evidence of citizens being more aware of and demanding their rights to resources and essential services. We also want to see less policy incoherence and positive changes at national level (policy) and community level (practices, perceptions, ideas and beliefs).
Reporting to the Public Health Promotion Team Leader;
Under the guidance of the PHP TL, the PHh Community Engagement Officer ensures the design and implementation of integrated WASH activities as part of the broader Programme strategy. The PH Community Engagement Officer will work closely with the other sector teams to design, implementation and promote adaptation of community-level response activities within the targeted host communities and ensure that programming is informed by context monitoring and timely community feedback.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a first degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work or relevant field, combination of diploma/certificate training in one or more other relevant areas (e.g, Public health promotion, community water supply, adult education),
- At least 2-years work experience in a Non-Government environment, experience in implementing programs for vulnerable groups & women in emergency responses is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the host community context and sufficient field experience in similar environment
- Good communication, dialoguing and training skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of people, able to communicate in oral & write Kiswahili and English, working knowledge of local languages of the refugees (Kirundi) is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible in work tasks
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged and other vulnerable groups.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, willing to support and learn
- Well organised, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines and organise work in a complex setting
- Strong analysis and planning skills; ability to identify problems and proactively and creatively develop solutions and generate information for proposal development/fundraising.
- Strong skills in preparing workplans and writing concise report; must be computer literate, with ability to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and internet.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in the programme, to act as key contributor to delivery, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their different fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Method of Application
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online through: www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs
The closing date is 14th September 2019.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted