Project Technical Advisor- Adolescent Girls and Young Women at Amref Health Africa
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Nutrition, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e- learning programme and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania is a Principal Recipient for The Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) HIV/TB grant for 2018-2020 funding cycle. Amref Health Africa is seeking applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to support its Global Fund HIV/TB Grant for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYM) thematic area. Amref Health Africa has the following vacancy based in Dar es Salaam office.
Position: Project Technical Advisor- Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) (1)
Location: Amref Country Office Dar es Salaam,
Reports to: Programme Manager (Global Fund)
The Technical Advisor for AGYW will provide professional technical, operational and administrative support throughout AGYW programming processes under the Global Fund grant. The Technical Advisor will prepare, execute, manage and implement a variety of technical and administrative program tasks primarily to facilitate AGYW interventions, undertaking progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting in areas of designation that included at least Ten10) councils in Tanzania Mainland. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical and operational support to program implementation
The Technical Advisor will lead the delivery of comprehensive services to targeted AGYW as part of the larger Global Fund AGYW defined package of services.
• S/he will provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for scale up i.e. Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services for AGYW, including GBV mitigation and post-violence care of life skills, IGA and others services as per national AGYW implementation manual. S/he will recommend improvements in delivery of services and engage in mentoring of sub recipients.
• Participate as appropriate in regular program field visits and /or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess grant progress on AGYW,
• Provide technical support including taking appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials.
• Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
• Provide and operational support to sub recipients, CSOs and Government collaborative entities that include but not limited to TACAIDS, NACP, TASAF and Regional Secretariat counterparts, and Local Government Authorities.
Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
• Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues, partners (sub recipients) to discuss operational, implementation issues, and recommendations.
• Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and implementing partners to assess project and to report on required action/interventions at the program management,
• Monitor and report on the use of allocated project resources (financial, administrative), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments.
• Report on critical issues/findings to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders including AGYW technical working group
• Prepare regular/mandated project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of project progress.
Networking and partnership building
• Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with TAYOA, TACAIDS, NACP, TASAF and Regional Secretariat counterparts and stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on adolescent girls and young women.
• Participate in appropriate Regional and Local Government Authorities annual and bi annual meetings/events on joint information sharing, best practice and lesson learnt,
• Provide information on potential donors in the area of designation, draft and/or provide inputs for preparation of resource mobilization materials/briefs for advocacy, fundraising and partnership development purposes,
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
• Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of Regional and Local Government Authorities stakeholders, in the area of AGYW,
• Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results, in the area of AGYW.
• Document and report on the best practices for development planning of AGYW initiatives
• Participate as a resource person in capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of provincial clients/stakeholders,
• Work with technical group to develop and track AGYW promising practices for scale up
• The applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, Community development or related degree program at Master’s level,
• At least seven (7) years of experience in implementing HIV Programs with significant emphasis on adolescents and young people.
• Expertise in behavior change, communication, economic strengthening interventions desirable.
• Experience working with CSOs and LGAs will be an added advantage.
• Fluency in speaking and written English, with presentation skills and competency in computer application.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree in Public Health
Job Experience Requirements: (7) years
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours August 15,2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. • All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted. • Only short-listed candidates will be contacted • Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy. • “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” • Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted