Pathfinder is seeking highly motivated and self-driven staffs to join a dynamic team to Coordinates the assigned project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies. Coordinates the assigned program or project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies, and assists in the development of tools and materials for the program or project. Provides technical support to the regional offices and to partners. Represents the program or project in all SRHR related materials and tools Coordinates the assigned program or project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies, and assists in the development of tools and materials for the program or project. Provides technical support to the regional offices and to partners.
Represents the program or project in all SRHR related materials and tools
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
Pathfinder International, together with Engender Health and other partners are working together to Scale up Family Planning in Tanzania (suggested regions for scale up Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Geita, Kagera, Lindi, Mara, Morogoro, Mtwara, Pwani, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Tanga and Zanzibar), The partners will use a targeted-systems approach to help Tanzania towards a more sustainable, inclusive FP and SRH programme that leaves no one behind. The targeted-systems approach includes interventions that strengthen priority health system components at the health facility, district, regional, and national levels. This approach ensures that quality services are delivered through public sector facilities and selected private sector facilities to increase options and enable choice where women and men can access services. Unlike some other private sector-focused programmes, this approach puts the Government of Tanzania in the driver’s seat for planning, coordination, oversight, and delivery of FP services. By cultivating ownership starting at the MOH and PORALG and flowing down through the RHMTs, CHMTs, and local health facilities, this approach offers a pathway for continuous, sustained quality SRH services for women, girls, and underserved populations, including people with disabilities.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation. Works with others to implement the strategic approach of the program or project specific to SRHR services. Assists in the development of annual plans and budgets for the SRHR portfolio of the program or project.
2. Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation. Reviews quarterly and annual program or project progress and financial reports, and gives constructive feedback on the regional programs or projects and IPOs as applicable. Compiles quarterly and annual reports for MEL to report to the organization. Partners with MEL to help conduct research and data gathering on significant and new developments. Identifies best practices in activities. Recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
3. Technical Direction. Assists in the implementation of capacity building and development in the different regional locations.
4. Project and Management Reporting. Assists in the development and delivery of reports related to the program’s or project’s activities. Submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team on a timely basis.
5. Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods and ideas.
6. Training Design, Development and Delivery. Assists in standardizing SRHR training curriculum.
7. Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
8. Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages, and coordinates the publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR program.
9. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job=Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Foundational knowledge of countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program or project, including program or project strategies and indicators.
- Training Design, Development and Delivery: Foundational knowledge of curriculum design and development. Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
- Research Writing and Editing. Foundational knowledge of writing and publishing research results in national and international journals.
- Data Processing: Foundational knowledge of data processing. PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Multi-tasking Skills: Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others at all levels in the organization through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to develop and maintain supplier relations.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint,
- Word and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of procurement software.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidential on work-related matters.
- Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or higher in related field
- 4 years related experience, including work in SRHR services.
- Prefer: Experience in practical field work
Travel required (at least 2%)
Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share