Project Officer at Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT)
- Company: Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) in partnership with the Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is implementing the community-based program that focuses to improve Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights through elimination of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C). The project is implemented in two districts namely; Kongwa and Kondoa Districts Council, in Dodoma Region. The project integrates health and economic initiatives through facilitating and encouraging female genital cutters/Ngaribas to reverse their attention from the economic rewards of the harmful FGM/C practices to alternative and harmless Income Generating Activities (IGAs) opportunities around their community.
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) is currently looking for a project officer to assist the implementation of this project.
Job Title: Project Officer
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Working Station: Dodoma Region
Duration: One year with possibility of renew
Salary: Attractive package will be offered to a successful applicant.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification and training of project intermediaries (ie. CHWs, Health workers – facility based, non-health workers (teachers, ECD Providers), peer educators, traditional leaders, community leaders, religious leaders etc)
- Organize and conduct training to traditional female cutters (Ngaribas) on new source of income generating activities
- Assist in the monitoring of project activities
- Assist project coordinator in organizing and coordinating stakeholders’ meetings including quarterly update meetings to assess performance against targets.
- Keeping/Filing all project documents (softcopy and hardcopy)
- Maintaining and monitoring project work plan
- Develop project updates and sharing through media
- Preparing and conduct public awareness campaigns and meetings
- Support preparation of project reports including activity, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Assist senior management team in resource mobilization for FFGP
- Develop and draft communication and outreach material including leaflets, posters and brochures
- Represent Executive Director and the Organization in the meetings where necessary
- Undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by project coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor degree in Public Health, Medicine, Gender, Social Sciences, Monitoring & Evaluation or any other related degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience, preferably in donor-funded programs as project officer
- Experience in SRHR and Gender Programs
- Ability to work in remote areas within the context of Tanzania
- Deep knowledge of the political, cultural, and economic contexts of the country, Tanzania).
- Excellent report writing report writing skills.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Good training skills
- Organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Microsoft office, Data Analysis Package ie. SPSS, NVIVO etc.
- Experience and understanding of the use of data in the health sectors HIV and RCH/FP programs using routine program data (i.e. DHIS2)
Method of Application
Interested applicants are encouraged to send application letter and CV as a single document to Email: [email protected] . The subject of the email should read as FFGP PROJECT OFFICER Deadline for applications is: 20th September, 2019 at 17:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).