Program Manager – Trachoma F&E NTD Programs at Helen Keller International – Tanzania
- Company: Helen Keller International – Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Work closely with government partners at MoHCDGEC (NTDCP, WASH department, Health Promotion Unit), MoE (School WASH Programs), and TAMISEMI to advocate for integration of facial cleanliness and corporal hygiene promotion into current government-led interventions and programs.
- Assist the Head of NTD Programs to implement trainings, workshops, meetings, and other events required in order to advance the program’s integration goals.
- Plan, develop, and support direct F&E interventions in communities if requested by donor(s).
- Contribute to efforts to expand access of improved hand- and face- washing technologies to target communities through engagement of the private sector.
- Conduct supervision and monitoring and evaluation visits in communities, and collect and analyse data on the effectiveness of program interventions
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual work plans, reports, presentations, and detailed budgets for the overall program.
Helen Keller International October 2019
Assist in the coordination of in-country partners including the Government, decentralized institutions, and specialized institutions as appropriate.
Provide HKI and project stakeholders with relevant updates, reports, and success stories and lessons learned on a regular basis.
Facilitate the donors’ field visits and key meetings and ensure proper follow-up.
Manage activity budgets and ensure that funds are spent according to donor and HKI policy, and assist with providing accurate financial and narrative reports.
Work with HKI and NTDCP teams to identify challenges to achieving the goal of trachoma elimination and develop and implement solutions to overcome those challenges.
Desired Qualifications, Experiences and Conditions
- Must possess either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus three (3) years’ experience, OR eight (8) years’ experience in implementing a similar program.
- Significant public health program management experience.
- Experience working with Community Health Workers and local government authorities (LGAs) in Tanzania
- Technical skills in behavior change communication, WASH and NTD programs preferred
- Strong program planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with development projects with International NGOs, bi- and multi- lateral donors
- Must be a Tanzanian national, fluent in Kiswahili and a working knowledge of English
- Should be a strategic thinker, who possesses strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to [email protected] noting the specific job title in the subject line. Applicants should clearly describe any experience working on data entry for trachoma projects in their cover letter. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2019.